Watch Ellen Surprise Her Audience With Round-Trip Airline Tickets for All
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ellen Degeneres has been known to host some spectacular giveaways on her show — in addition to poking a little fun at the airline industry. On today’s episode, the comedian was pondering some odd pairings — sauna pants and a flask built into a sports bra — before she stopped at what she described as a successful pairing: Virgin America and Alaska Airlines.
What did that mean for the audience? Ellen gave each member two round-trip tickets to anywhere the newly-merged airlines fly. You can watch the whole bit below:
This is especially good news for the audience members because Alaska and Virgin are continuing to expand their combined route network. Just last week, the two added 13 new routes from the Bay Area. And today, Alaska shared that it’s launching six new routes from San Diego, further establishing itself as a West Coast powerhouse. Here are the six new routes that Alaska announced today, just in time for the giveaway:
- San Diego (SAN) ⇒ Austin (AUS) — beginning August 27
- SAN ⇒ Omaha (OMA) — beginning August 28
- SAN ⇒ Albuquerque (ABQ) — beginning October 18
- SAN ⇒ Minneapolis (MSP) — beginning November 18
- SAN ⇒ Kansas City (MCI) — beginning December 15
- SAN ⇒ St. Louis (STL) — beginning December 15
Today’s lucky winners will have their work cut out for them in picking where to go, as the combined carriers fly to more than 100 destinations, including Mexico, Cuba, Costa Rica and more. Even if you weren’t in the audience today, Ellen wants to give you the gift of travel — enter here by March 16 at 11:59pm ET for a chance to win round-trip tickets to any of the airlines’ destinations.
Featured image courtesy of Jeff Kravitz via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees