Watch Ellen Surprise Her Audience With Round-Trip Airline Tickets for All
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ellen Degeneres has been known to host some spectacular giveaways on her show — in addition to poking a little fun at the airline industry. On today’s episode, the comedian was pondering some odd pairings — sauna pants and a flask built into a sports bra — before she stopped at what she described as a successful pairing: Virgin America and Alaska Airlines.
What did that mean for the audience? Ellen gave each member two round-trip tickets to anywhere the newly-merged airlines fly. You can watch the whole bit below:
This is especially good news for the audience members because Alaska and Virgin are continuing to expand their combined route network. Just last week, the two added 13 new routes from the Bay Area. And today, Alaska shared that it’s launching six new routes from San Diego, further establishing itself as a West Coast powerhouse. Here are the six new routes that Alaska announced today, just in time for the giveaway:
- San Diego (SAN) ⇒ Austin (AUS) — beginning August 27
- SAN ⇒ Omaha (OMA) — beginning August 28
- SAN ⇒ Albuquerque (ABQ) — beginning October 18
- SAN ⇒ Minneapolis (MSP) — beginning November 18
- SAN ⇒ Kansas City (MCI) — beginning December 15
- SAN ⇒ St. Louis (STL) — beginning December 15
Today’s lucky winners will have their work cut out for them in picking where to go, as the combined carriers fly to more than 100 destinations, including Mexico, Cuba, Costa Rica and more. Even if you weren’t in the audience today, Ellen wants to give you the gift of travel — enter here by March 16 at 11:59pm ET for a chance to win round-trip tickets to any of the airlines’ destinations.
Featured image courtesy of Jeff Kravitz via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.