A GRAMMYs Weekend to Remember — Scenes From the TPG and Hilton Honors Party Featuring Lukas Graham
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The biggest night in music did not disappoint. The world watched as Beyoncé graced us with some “Lemonade,” Bruno Mars honored Prince, and Adele walked away with Record, Song and Album of the Year awards. And, as you may have already heard, I was there for it all.
A couple of weeks ago, I told you about how TPG was hosting a GRAMMYs weekend in conjunction with Hilton Honors. On Thursday night, we hosted a party that was the perfect way to kick off the GRAMMYs weekend, complete with a performance from Lukas Graham, who was nominated for three GRAMMYs, and the venue was filled with TPG readers.
The event was held on the Stardust rooftop at the Beverly Hilton, offering stunning 360° views of Beverly Hills.
The rooftop was transformed with blue, pink and purple lights, giving way to a posh lounge with black carpets and gray sofas.
There were signature TPG-style drinks, named after the GRAMMY Awards.
Hors d’oeuvres made their way around the room, and then the party really got started. After giving away two free nights at any Hilton property in the world, it was time to welcome Lukas Graham to the stage.
Graham and his band gave an incredible 45-minute acoustic performance overlooking the Beverly Hills skyline. It was spectacular — and Graham is such a genuine guy and performer. It was hard not to fall in love with his story and his voice.
The set was intimate, and Lukas shared personal stories about his life and the meaning behind his music. Here’s a glimpse into the night and the whole weekend from my Snapchat:
I even had the chance to sit down with Lukas and his band for some Q&A time:
You might also remember that we held a contest in partnership with Hilton Honors to give one very lucky TPG reader the ultimate GRAMMYs package: round-trip airfare, two nights at the Hilton Checkers Los Angeles and two tickets to the big night.
Participants had to submit selfies in honor of each of the five Record of the Year nominees. We got a lot of great submissions, but TPG reader @aomarsmile was our lucky winner.
Send me to the #GRAMMYs, @thepointsguy + @hiltonhonors! #GRAMMYsGetawaySweepstakes #contest #contests #sweepstakes #sweeps #giveaway #win #GRAMMY #GRAMMYawards #music #hilton #awards #twentyonepilots #twentyønepiløts #top #tøp #stressedout #Vacation #thepointsguymademedoit
A photo posted by Omar A (@aomarsmile) on
Overall, the weekend was everything that a music (and travel) lover enjoys — talking points and miles, hearing live music and seeing some of the biggest stars in the world descend on Hollywood.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees