A GRAMMYs Weekend to Remember — Scenes From the TPG and Hilton Honors Party Featuring Lukas Graham
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The biggest night in music did not disappoint. The world watched as Beyoncé graced us with some “Lemonade,” Bruno Mars honored Prince, and Adele walked away with Record, Song and Album of the Year awards. And, as you may have already heard, I was there for it all.
A couple of weeks ago, I told you about how TPG was hosting a GRAMMYs weekend in conjunction with Hilton Honors. On Thursday night, we hosted a party that was the perfect way to kick off the GRAMMYs weekend, complete with a performance from Lukas Graham, who was nominated for three GRAMMYs, and the venue was filled with TPG readers.
The event was held on the Stardust rooftop at the Beverly Hilton, offering stunning 360° views of Beverly Hills.
The rooftop was transformed with blue, pink and purple lights, giving way to a posh lounge with black carpets and gray sofas.
There were signature TPG-style drinks, named after the GRAMMY Awards.
Hors d’oeuvres made their way around the room, and then the party really got started. After giving away two free nights at any Hilton property in the world, it was time to welcome Lukas Graham to the stage.
Graham and his band gave an incredible 45-minute acoustic performance overlooking the Beverly Hills skyline. It was spectacular — and Graham is such a genuine guy and performer. It was hard not to fall in love with his story and his voice.
The set was intimate, and Lukas shared personal stories about his life and the meaning behind his music. Here’s a glimpse into the night and the whole weekend from my Snapchat:
I even had the chance to sit down with Lukas and his band for some Q&A time:
You might also remember that we held a contest in partnership with Hilton Honors to give one very lucky TPG reader the ultimate GRAMMYs package: round-trip airfare, two nights at the Hilton Checkers Los Angeles and two tickets to the big night.
Participants had to submit selfies in honor of each of the five Record of the Year nominees. We got a lot of great submissions, but TPG reader @aomarsmile was our lucky winner.
Send me to the #GRAMMYs, @thepointsguy + @hiltonhonors! #GRAMMYsGetawaySweepstakes #contest #contests #sweepstakes #sweeps #giveaway #win #GRAMMY #GRAMMYawards #music #hilton #awards #twentyonepilots #twentyønepiløts #top #tøp #stressedout #Vacation #thepointsguymademedoit
A photo posted by Omar A (@aomarsmile) on
Overall, the weekend was everything that a music (and travel) lover enjoys — talking points and miles, hearing live music and seeing some of the biggest stars in the world descend on Hollywood.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.