This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The biggest night in music did not disappoint. The world watched as Beyoncé graced us with some “Lemonade,” Bruno Mars honored Prince, and Adele walked away with Record, Song and Album of the Year awards. And, as you may have already heard, I was there for it all.
A couple of weeks ago, I told you about how TPG was hosting a GRAMMYs weekend in conjunction with Hilton Honors. On Thursday night, we hosted a party that was the perfect way to kick off the GRAMMYs weekend, complete with a performance from Lukas Graham, who was nominated for three GRAMMYs, and the venue was filled with TPG readers.
The event was held on the Stardust rooftop at the Beverly Hilton, offering stunning 360° views of Beverly Hills.
The rooftop was transformed with blue, pink and purple lights, giving way to a posh lounge with black carpets and gray sofas.
There were signature TPG-style drinks, named after the GRAMMY Awards.
Hors d’oeuvres made their way around the room, and then the party really got started. After giving away two free nights at any Hilton property in the world, it was time to welcome Lukas Graham to the stage.
Graham and his band gave an incredible 45-minute acoustic performance overlooking the Beverly Hills skyline. It was spectacular — and Graham is such a genuine guy and performer. It was hard not to fall in love with his story and his voice.
The set was intimate, and Lukas shared personal stories about his life and the meaning behind his music. Here’s a glimpse into the night and the whole weekend from my Snapchat:
I even had the chance to sit down with Lukas and his band for some Q&A time:
You might also remember that we held a contest in partnership with Hilton Honors to give one very lucky TPG reader the ultimate GRAMMYs package: round-trip airfare, two nights at the Hilton Checkers Los Angeles and two tickets to the big night.
Participants had to submit selfies in honor of each of the five Record of the Year nominees. We got a lot of great submissions, but TPG reader @aomarsmile was our lucky winner.
Overall, the weekend was everything that a music (and travel) lover enjoys — talking points and miles, hearing live music and seeing some of the biggest stars in the world descend on Hollywood.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees