TPG is Looking for Paid Fall 2016 Interns in New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With our summer interns sadly preparing to bid TPG farewell, we’re looking to hire a new group of interns for the fall, to work out of our Lower Manhattan office in New York City. Don’t expect to be fetching coffee and running errands around the city — our interns walk away with real experience, including dozens of editorial clips and real-world marketing chops. We’ve also been know to offer some pretty fantastic travel perks.
Our internships pay well — $20 per hour — and offer a ton of hands-on time with the rest of our team. We do our best to make sure you’re getting excellent on-the-job experience in a fun, relaxed environment.
If you’re a college student (currently a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student) who meets the requirements below, please email a resume and brief introduction to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the internship you’re applying for in the subject line (either EDITORIAL INTERN or MARKETING INTERN). Please also send along links to your social media accounts and any published work you may have.
TPG FALL INTERNS
The editorial intern will monitor travel industry news and brand announcements, research various topics and write daily news posts for the site with a quick turnaround time. The editorial intern will also help produce posts (knowledge of Photoshop is appreciated) and work alongside the social media intern to review and respond to reader comments.
The marketing intern will assist in the development and implementation of all TPG events, branded partnerships, press strategy, TPG personal appearances and non-profit initiatives. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Communications, the role also reports into the Director of Marketing and Compliance and will assist with daily activities as required by the department.
- Ability to work from our Downtown NYC office
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and applications
- Knowledge of points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Teamwork mindset
- Love of travel
- Natural curiosity of the world
Minimum 15 (up to 40) hours per week with flexible hours. Anticipated start date is September 1, 2016, with the internship running through late November or early December (flexible).
Interns will be paid biweekly at a rate of $20 per hour. There are no other benefits provided.
Please send your resume, links to your social account and a few writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2016.
Please spread the word and pass this information on to anyone who you think might be interested!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees