TPG is Looking for Paid Fall 2016 Interns in New York City
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With our summer interns sadly preparing to bid TPG farewell, we’re looking to hire a new group of interns for the fall, to work out of our Lower Manhattan office in New York City. Don’t expect to be fetching coffee and running errands around the city — our interns walk away with real experience, including dozens of editorial clips and real-world marketing chops. We’ve also been know to offer some pretty fantastic travel perks.
Our internships pay well — $20 per hour — and offer a ton of hands-on time with the rest of our team. We do our best to make sure you’re getting excellent on-the-job experience in a fun, relaxed environment.
If you’re a college student (currently a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student) who meets the requirements below, please email a resume and brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the internship you’re applying for in the subject line (either EDITORIAL INTERN or MARKETING INTERN). Please also send along links to your social media accounts and any published work you may have.
TPG FALL INTERNS
The editorial intern will monitor travel industry news and brand announcements, research various topics and write daily news posts for the site with a quick turnaround time. The editorial intern will also help produce posts (knowledge of Photoshop is appreciated) and work alongside the social media intern to review and respond to reader comments.
The marketing intern will assist in the development and implementation of all TPG events, branded partnerships, press strategy, TPG personal appearances and non-profit initiatives. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Communications, the role also reports into the Director of Marketing and Compliance and will assist with daily activities as required by the department.
- Ability to work from our Downtown NYC office
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and applications
- Knowledge of points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Teamwork mindset
- Love of travel
- Natural curiosity of the world
Minimum 15 (up to 40) hours per week with flexible hours. Anticipated start date is September 1, 2016, with the internship running through late November or early December (flexible).
Interns will be paid biweekly at a rate of $20 per hour. There are no other benefits provided.
Please send your resume, links to your social account and a few writing samples to email@example.com by August 16, 2016.
Please spread the word and pass this information on to anyone who you think might be interested!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.