Good Deal Alert: 25% Off Alitalia Flights; JFK- Madrid from $470 Total Roundtrip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Alitalia is currently having a 25% fare sale on their site, now through October 26,2012. It’s valid for travel between November 5, 2012 and March 27, 2013, but excludes holiday travel from December 20, 2012 and January 6, 2013. The promo code is SPECIAL, and the best results I have found is to search on the regular Alitalia USA site, as when booking through the promo code site it doesn’t seem to be working. But, once you find the flights you want, then on the final booking page there is a box for an E-Coupon and enter SPECIAL, and it will reprice your flights with the 25% discount.
Alitalia is a member of the SkyTeam alliance, so you can credit all of your flights to Delta, if you are looking to rack up some extra Medallion Qualifying Miles as well. As a reminder, all Alitalia fares earn at the following ratios:
Normally New York (JFK)-Rome (FCO) is around $900 on Alitalia.
Taking 25% off this fare, brings this fare down to only $696 for economy class.
It’s pretty typical to see cheap Business Class fares over Thanksgiving, and Alitalia is no exception. Business Class from New York (JFK)- Rome (FCO) is running about $2400.
Since the 25% off also applies to Business Class fares, this brings the price down to $1819-which is a great deal!
This sale isn’t just limited to Alitalia’s non-stop flights, so anywhere in Europe that Alitalia flies is fair game. You can head over to one of my favorite countries in Europe, Spain, for only $470 bucks from New York.
Not the best fares I’ve ever seen, but pretty darn good. Feel free to share your experiences getting fares as low as possible- and remember to book by October 26, 2012!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees