New and Improved Starwood Preferred Guest App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
SPG just launched a new, snazzy updated version of their app today. I’ve long preferred the SPG app over other hotel brands because it shows points activity as well as upcoming stays. In fact, if a hotel pre-upgrades me prior to arrival, I can usually pull up the stay details and see what type of room I’ll get which is nice to know.
The new app has a cleaner design, though I don’t see many huge functionality improvements. I like the ability to “Redeem Starpoints” when browsing hotels, though I did get an error several times when trying to go that route.
I also like the ability to browse new Starwood properties and you can even search for properties, like “Category 7 + Spa”. While not wildly useful, it’s a nice way to kill time next time you’re sitting at the gate waiting to board your delayed flight!
Overall, I think most other hotel chains should learn from the SPG App and step up their game!
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee