New and Improved Starwood Preferred Guest App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
SPG just launched a new, snazzy updated version of their app today. I’ve long preferred the SPG app over other hotel brands because it shows points activity as well as upcoming stays. In fact, if a hotel pre-upgrades me prior to arrival, I can usually pull up the stay details and see what type of room I’ll get which is nice to know.
The new app has a cleaner design, though I don’t see many huge functionality improvements. I like the ability to “Redeem Starpoints” when browsing hotels, though I did get an error several times when trying to go that route.
I also like the ability to browse new Starwood properties and you can even search for properties, like “Category 7 + Spa”. While not wildly useful, it’s a nice way to kill time next time you’re sitting at the gate waiting to board your delayed flight!
Overall, I think most other hotel chains should learn from the SPG App and step up their game!
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.