Chase Slate Card Review: No Interest for 15 Months and No Balance Transfer Fees
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Credit cards are an amazing way to rack up free miles and points very quickly, but you can also get burned if you don’t manage your finances appropriately. The APRs on most mileage earning credit and charge cards are usually very high and if you are carrying a balance, the interest you pay can easily negate the value of any points earned.
As much as I preach about not carrying balances, I also realize that it’s easier said than done. Out of college I carried a balance for several years as I struggled to get my finances under control (and adjust to paying insane NYC rent and cost of living). I remember always seeing credit cards that offered “No interest on balance transfers,” but in the fine print it almost always stated there was a fee for balance transfers – like 3% or more of the total amount of the balance.
Although card that have these promotions aren’t for the experienced mileage collector who is looking to pad their account balances, they should be an option for anyone looking to make a smart financial decision to work on paying off existing balances since that’s a huge part of your credit score. Chase has Blueprint, which is a program designed to help you understand your finances create an action plan to pay off your balance.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.