Chase Slate Card Review: No Interest for 15 Months and No Balance Transfer Fees
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Credit cards are an amazing way to rack up free miles and points very quickly, but you can also get burned if you don’t manage your finances appropriately. The APRs on most mileage earning credit and charge cards are usually very high and if you are carrying a balance, the interest you pay can easily negate the value of any points earned.
As much as I preach about not carrying balances, I also realize that it’s easier said than done. Out of college I carried a balance for several years as I struggled to get my finances under control (and adjust to paying insane NYC rent and cost of living). I remember always seeing credit cards that offered “No interest on balance transfers,” but in the fine print it almost always stated there was a fee for balance transfers – like 3% or more of the total amount of the balance.
Although card that have these promotions aren’t for the experienced mileage collector who is looking to pad their account balances, they should be an option for anyone looking to make a smart financial decision to work on paying off existing balances since that’s a huge part of your credit score. Chase has Blueprint, which is a program designed to help you understand your finances create an action plan to pay off your balance.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees