Amex Premier Rewards Gold 25,000 Sign-up and 10,000 Point Referral Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For select Premier Rewards Gold cardholders, American Express is offering a 10,000-point bonus when you refer people who get approved for the card through March 15, 2012. This is a 100% bonus from the normal referral bonus of 5,000 points so this is a good way to rack up a bunch of valuable Membership Rewards points. Additionally, the card sign-up bonus offer for each recipient through this promotion is much better than the current public sign-up bonus of 15,000 points for the Premier Rewards Gold: they get 25,000 points after spending $2,000 within three months and a $0 Intro annual fee for the first year, then $195. I’ve written about this card many times- check out this post for my rundown of the key benefits.
This is a solid card, so I wouldn’t think twice promoting it- especially to beginners in the points game. For me personally, the Premier Rewards Gold is one of my workhorse cards – especially for airfare spend (3 points per dollar) and 2 points per dollar on gas and groceries. The card also gives a 15,000 point bonus when you spend $30,000 within a calendar year, so its almost like earning 1.5 points per dollar towards the first $30,000 per year if you can hit that spend level.
To refer someone, use the online form, log into your account and then fill it out with the names and email addresses of your referrals (note- you will get an error if you were not selected for this promotion). For each person who gets approved you get 10,000 Membership Rewards points and a maximum of 500,000 total.
If you want to apply for this offer, but don’t know anyone who can refer you, email me (info at thepointsguy.com) your First and Last name and email address and I’ll send you one of my invites.
The terms do state this is only good for First Time American Express Consumer cardholders, but it then also says “This offer is valid for first-time American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card members only.” My guess is that as long as you haven’t had a Premier Rewards Gold card, you should be eligible for the 25,000 point sign-up bonus.
Terms & Conditions
1. You are eligible to earn 10,000 bonus points for each approved referral, up to a total of 500,000 bonus points. Referrals must be submitted by March 15, 2012, and referred individual(s) must apply by March 31, 2012 and be approved. Please allow 6-8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account after each referred prospect is approved for the Card. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Bonus ID 7845.
2. Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Card members. The annual fee for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express will be waived for the first year. Then, the annual fee will be $195 for the Basic Card and up to 5 Additional Cards. The annual fee for the 6th or more Additional Cards will be waived for the first year and then is $35 per year for each Additional Card.
3. Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Card members. To be eligible to get Membership Rewards® bonus points, referred individual(s) must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program (they will be automatically enrolled in the program upon account approval) and must charge their first $2,000 of purchases on their American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card within 3 months of Card membership. 25,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be credited to their Membership Rewards account 6-8 weeks after the first $2,000 of purchases appears on their monthly billing statement. This offer is valid for first-time American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card members only. Referred individual(s) are eligible to get bonus points for only one Card account. Additional Card members are not eligible. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Bonus ID 7704.
4. You understand and agree that the referred individual(s) must apply through an e-mailed link (provided by American Express) by March 31, 2012 and be approved for you to receive the bonus. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer. NOTE: Your friend(s) may not receive this e-mail if they have previously “opted out” of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees