This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I love Buzzfeed’s witty, belly laugh-inducing Top lists like the 23 Signs You’ve Lived In New York City Too Long, 13 Simple Steps To Get You Through A Rough Day or even 16 Signs You’re Addicted To The Real Housewives (which might or might not be my favorite). Lists are great way to procrastinate on getting anything accomplished, but they’re also really funny because there’s an element of truth to them, and even we here at TPG can face our own demons to put together the Top 10 Obsessive Behaviors of Miles Junkies.
1. Applying for multiple new credit cards to generate millions of miles and points and not batting an eye (or hurting your credit score).
2. Checking the blogs before doing anything else in the morning.
3. Panicking when points and miles don’t post when they should.
4. Lodging complaints for the sole reason of getting compensation in the form of miles or points
5. Threatening to cancel a credit card unless they give you bonus points or waive the annual fee.
6. Refusing to fly anything but lie-flat across oceans.
7. Staring at the gate agent like a hawk to make sure there are no upgrade shenanigans.
8. Taking any flight bump and cancellation for compensation and/or bonus miles.
9. Spending hours researching and booking complex award tickets…and feeling on top of the world once they are ticketed and booked.
10. Coercing family and friends to play along in your crazy mileage accruing antics…and finally having them give in when they realize this whole thing really isn’t a scam
Those are our top picks, but what are yours? Share your own OCD tendencies below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Balance Transfer||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||See Terms||Excellent Credit|