This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday I announced my contest to win one of two sets of 30,000 Starpoints. I’m a mean person and am actually making my readers work for the prize- I’ll award the winners who get the most bang for their point the grand prizes.
However, other blogs were given Starpoints to give away and most of their giveaways are much easier and simply take a comment/Tweet/Facebook like, so if you don’t feel like entering in mine, ya might as well throw your hat in the ring with some of the other contests. A couple of them only have a few entries- so your odds are pretty good! Please report back and let me know if you were able to snag a prize- just note that Amex will require a W9 and the estimated value of the points is 2 cents a piece, so a 30,000 point prize will generate a $600 tax burden. Still worth it in my opinion.
1) Johnnyjet.com: 50,000 points to the person who comes up with the best caption for a picture. Only 3 entries at the time I was writing this post.
2) Gogreentravelgreen.com: 30,000 point prize to one person. There are only 5 entries as I’m writing this post on Tuesday evening.
3) Vagabondish.com: 50,000 point prize to one person. Only ~15 entries as I’m writing this post!
4) Thevacationgals.com: 50,000 point prize to one person. 3 ways to win and 500+ entries so far on the blog post, but I’m sure less people are Tweeting/Facebooking so try out your luck in social media!
5) View from the Wing is giving away two sets of 30,000 points. 1,000+ entries.
6) One Mile at a Time is giving away one set of 50,000 points. 600+ entries so far.
These contests are all an effort to publicize their limited time offer of 30,000 Starpoints for the Personal and Business Starwood Amex cards (both of which I signed up for yesterday). Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.