From now until March 16, 2012 you can get triple points when you register and stay at any participating Carlson (Radisson, Country Inns & Suites, Park Inn by Radisson and Park Plaza hotels).
You normally earn 20 points per dollar spent, but you earn 60 with this promotion. Carlson free nights start at 9,000 points, which normally requires a mere $450 in spend, or 50,000 points for a top tier property, like most Radisson Blu hotels, for $2,500 in spend – which is pretty lucrative in my opinion. With this promotion, the spend for a level 1 property drops to $150 and a level 6 to $833! Pretty hard to beat.
To be honest, historically I’ve overlooked Carson’s program though, but now I am going to give it a shot. If you have status with Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, and Starwood they will match your current hotel elite status up to their Gold Status, which gives:
- Complimentary room upgrades as available
- 50% point bonus on every eligible stay
- 2,000 point online booking bonus at clubcarlson.com or any Carlson Hotels website
- Early check-ins and late checkouts as available upon request
- Roll Over Nights (unused elite-qualifying nights count again next year toward elite status)
- 72-hour room availability guarantee at participating hotels
- Elite Customer Service Line
All you need to do is email them here and include a screen shot of your current hotel elite status, your Carlson GoldPoints number and request a status match. I just sent mine, so I’ll report back, though the match to Gold status should be a sure thing (apparently they almost never match to Concierge).
I feel like they might even be the new Hyatt, coming out with rockstar promotions to steal the spotlight and gain momentum. I’ve never stayed at a Radisson, but I figure now is as good of a time as ever.
More to come in a future post – feel free to share any Club Carlson experiences you’ve had!