This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The FoundersCard is a paid membership that gives entrepreneurs discounts and networking opportunities. I joined earlier this summer on the recommendation of a friend, primarily for the networking opportunities (though not surprisingly I’ve been traveling for any of the key NYC events so far, oops). There have been a bunch of travel benefits added recently that I thought TPG readers might find useful. FoundersCard used to be exclusive, but I’m pretty sure they are on a big membership spree. Membership is normally $495 per year, but it is only $249 per year if you use promo code FCINSIDER21, valid through September 5, 2011.
Disclaimer: I do not have a business relationship with FoundersCard. There was some confusion with their affiliation with American Airlines last year, but it seems to be resolved.
Per their website:
FoundersCard is a first of its kind members-only community for leading entrepreneurs and innovators. Among our members are the leaders of many of today’s most successful companies and tomorrow’s most promising ventures. Headquartered in Manhattan, FoundersCard has members in virtually every major city.
Our members receive access to exclusive benefits, upgrades, and amenities from the hottest travel, lifestyle, and business brands, carefully selected to meet the needs of the entrepreneurial lifestyle. Members also have the opportunity to network at invitation-only events held on a regular basis.
American Airlines Benefits:
Update: There is an American Airlines elite perk, but it is for members only and FoundersCard has asked me politely to remove the information. Feel free to contact FoundersCard directly for more information.
TEN PERCENT DISCOUNT CODES:
10% discount codes for travel through September 30, 2011 may be redeemed by clicking the button below. Unique codes are valid for 24 hours once they are issued and may be applied to itineraries on which you are listed as the Lead Traveler. We expect to have codes available for travel October through December by the middle of September.
One discount code per month may be retrieved via the automated request system. If you would like an additional code, please contact (email redacted)@founderscard.com who will fulfill your request, based on availability.
FoundersCard Members receive 10-20% off travel between US, Australia, and New Zealand. Discounts are available on all classes of service.
Virgin Atlantic Benefits:
FoundersCard members receive discounts up to 13% on travel to all Virgin Atlantic destinations in all classes of service.
As a FoundersCard member, you also receive an immediate complimentary upgrade to Flying Club Silver Status with a fast-track to Gold Status. Benefits include:
- An extra 25% of miles flown on qualifying Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Access to Premium Economy check in on every flight regardless of class of travel.
- Priority standby on all eligible flights.
- Receive four complimentary First Class upgrades, two each for Heathrow Express and Gatwick Express trains.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards