This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Heading to the polls this Tuesday? If you are, you can score a discounted ride from Lyft. As part of a campaign to get out the vote, the ride-sharing company is offering a cheaper way to get to your polling place.
From 7am to 8pm on Election Day, you can score a 45% discount (up to $10 total) on a Lyft. Lyft wants you to use the discount to get to your local polling place, but it sounds like there aren’t any restrictions that would stop you from taking a ride anywhere. The promotion is only available in certain markets and you’ll have to check your email to see if you received a message targeting you for this deal. If you live in the New York City area you can grab the discount here, but make sure you act fast as supplies are limited. Lyft also offers $50 of credit to first time users, which you can claim here.
In addition, Uber has teamed up with Google to help with a direct route to your polling station on Election Day. When you open up Uber Tuesday morning, a message will appear reminding people to vote and will prompt you to enter your registered address to help find your polling place.
Although Uber isn’t offering any discounts, it could save you a few minutes on figuring out where you need to go to vote. And if you’ve never used Uber before, you can sign up here and get $20 off your first ride.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards