This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express
Update 10/7/16: These award rates are available for flights from Japan to the US as well:
Later this month, Delta will begin service between Minneapolis-St.Paul (MSP) and Tokyo’s centrally located Haneda airport (HND). To celebrate the new route, the airline is offering discounted awards from many US cities to the Japanese capital. One-way flights start from just 25,000 SkyMiles (plus taxes and fees) for a Main Cabin seat, 35,000 for a Delta Comfort+ seat and 70,000 miles for Delta One. You have to book by October 13 and travel between October 29 and December 7 to secure the discounted fares.
Keep in mind that unless you’re based in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, your journey will include a stop at MSP before heading on to Japan. This is a small price to pay for these great deals — especially considering Delta’s award calendar shows fares as high as 87,500 SkyMiles plus taxes and fees one-way in economy.
Route: US cities to Tokyo (HND)
Cost: 25,000 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way in economy
Dates: October 29 – December 7, 2016
Booking Link: Delta
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Tokyo (HND) for 25,000 miles + $5.60 one-way:
Chicago (ORD) to Tokyo (HND) for 25,000 miles + $5.60 one-way:
New York (LGA) to Tokyo (HND) for 25,000 miles + $5.60 one-way:
Washington, D.C. (DCA) to Tokyo (HND) for 25,000 miles + $5.60 one-way:
If you’re in need of SkyMiles, consider applying for the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, which is currently offering an increased sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after spending $2,000 within the first three months of account opening or the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, which is offering a sign-up bonus of 70,000 SkyMiles and 10,000 MQMs after spending $5,000 within the first three months.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees