This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some TPG readers are reporting offers of more than 6,000 bonus Starpoints — several saying they were eligible for 6,000 Starpoints after the sixth, 12th and 18th stays, for a total of 18,000 bonus Starpoints.
Starwood Preferred Guest is targeting members with the opportunity to earn bonus Starpoints just for completing stays. You can earn up to 6,000 bonus Starpoints just for completing stays within the given time period — if you’re eligible for the offer.
Here’s how it works. Go to SPG’s promotion page and enter your SPG number. From there, SPG will determine if you’re eligible or not. If you are, you must register by October 15, 2016 and stay at eligible SPG properties between August 15 and November 15, 2016 to earn up to 6,000 bonus Starpoints.
TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig was eligible for the “Come back for more” offer, whereas I was not, so it’s best to check for yourself to see if you can register. If you’re able to register for the promotion, you’ll earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints after your second stay, 2,000 after your fourth stay and 2,000 after your sixth stay, up to a total of 6,000 bonus Starpoints. The potential 6,000 Starpoints you could earn are worth about $150 based on TPG’s most recent valuations, so you could definitely get a good return from this promotion.
If you’re looking to increase the number of Starpoints in your SPG account aside from this promotion, consider signing up for the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. The card comes with a sign-up bonus of 25,000 Starpoints after you spend $3,000 in the first three months after account opening — worth about $625 based on TPG’s most recent valuations.
Featured image courtesy of the Westin Turtle Bay, Mauritius.
There’s no telling how much longer these cards will be around and available for new applications because of the Marriott takeover, so now might just be the perfect time to apply. Apart from hotel redemptions, you can transfer Starpoints to over 30 airline partners, and now also transfer points from Starwood to Marriott Rewards at a 1:3 ratio, opening up even more redemption options.
- Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases spent on the Card at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive free in-room, premium internet access. Booking requirements apply.
- Redeem Starpoints® at over 1,300 participating hotels and resorts in over 100 countries and for flights on more than 150 airlines with SPG flights, all with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees