This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has been in the news a lot lately, and not all of it was good publicity. Despite the carrier’s operational struggles last week, the airline is attempting to rebound quickly.
Right now, Delta is running a flash sale offering award flights from the US to select destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico from just 11,000 SkyMiles each way. Normal prices are 35,000 SkyMiles round-trip, so this represents more than a 37% savings on the usual cost.
Delta is marketing this as a monthly flash sale, so it’s possible that there are more deals to come. To take advantage of this offer, you must book by Wednesday, August 17, at 11:59pm ET. Travel is valid on departures from September 6 through November 16, 2016, to 28 destinations, and from any city in the continental US that Delta currently serves.
Here are some examples of what you can book with the sale:
San Francisco (SFO) to St. Lucia (UVF) for 11,000 miles and $11 (cash fare: $350):
New York (JFK) to Aruba (AUA) for 11,000 miles and $16 (cash fare: $339):
Boston (BOS) to Puerto Vallarta (PVR) for 11,000 miles and $27 (cash fare: $203):
This deal expires tomorrow, so if you’re able to make the dates work, book it as soon as you can. As always, compare the miles needed to the revenue cost of the ticket to make sure that you’re getting a good redemption value.
Featured image of St. Lucia courtesy of Shutterstock.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards