This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When planning travel, there’s no shortage of sites where you can book your hotel stay — you can visit the hotel’s site directly, visit one of the hundreds of available OTAs or you can book through a site that offers you something in return for booking a stay. If what you’re after are bonus miles, points or credits, Kaligo is a good site to turn to.
And today, Kaligo is launching an exclusive partnership with the ever-popular ridesharing service, Uber. (If you don’t yet have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive a free ride [up to $20] from TPG.) With the partnership, Kaligo is turning Uber rides into a rewards currency, and you’ll get the chance to earn free Uber rides just for booking a hotel stay through Kaligo.
Kaligo is a leading global loyalty-based hotel bookings company. In its network, Kaligo has more than 425,000 hotels across the world, ranging from big brands to boutique properties. By booking your hotel stay through Kaligo, you can choose from 55 loyalty and frequent flyer programs globally including popular programs such as American Airlines AAdvantage, Alaska Mileage Plan and United MileagePlus just to name a few. The account of your choosing will be credited with the miles, points or credits upon completion of your hotel stay.
Here’s how the Uber credits will work with Kaligo’s new partnership with the ridesharing service:
- Book your hotel stay through Kaligo.com and select Uber as your preferred currency of reward
- When booking, you’ll see how many Uber credit you’ll get for the stay
- Upon completion of the stay, you’ll be emailed by the Kaligo concierge with the option of receiving your Uber credits in $5, $10 or $25 denominations
- Within 48 hours of your selection, the Kaligo concierge will email you the promo codes, which you can enter in to your Uber app to receive the free ride(s).
The number of Uber credits you’ll receive depends on a variety of factors, including the hotel you select and the date of your stay. As an example, for a $500 hotel booking, you can earn anywhere from $25-$100 in free Uber rides. Keep in mind that only Uber riders in the US can take advantage — you can collect free ride credits from any hotel Kaligo hotel property in the world, but the credits must be redeemed for rides within the US. In addition, your free ride credits will only be valid for 30 days from the date they were issued.
To kick off this launch, which is the first of its kind, Kaligo is offering users a special promotion. If you book and complete a stay with Kaligo at any property in the world between today and August 31, 2016, you’re guaranteed at least $20 in Uber credits for your first Kaligo hotel stay. During the promotion period, you can also enter to win free Uber rides for a year — $200 per month for 12 months. Note that you must be a first-time Kaligo customer in order to be eligible for this promotion, and your stay must be completed by December 31, 2016. To view this offer and book your stay with Kaligo to ensure you get $20 in Uber credits, visit Kaligo’s website.
We compared rates at several global properties and found Kaligo’s rates to be competitively priced when compared with booking sites like Kayak or booking through the hotel’s website. For example, Chateaubriand in Paris, France is going for $304 per night a four-night stay in September, and you’ll get $195 in Uber credits. On Kayak for the same dates, the hotel is going for $283 at the cheapest when booked through the hotel’s website. However, the Kaligo rate is cheaper than that offered by Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline. Even if you were to book through the hotel’s website, the $195 in Uber credits can justify the extra cost per night.
You can browse Kaligo’s complete collection of hotels and view how many Uber credit’s you’ll earn through Kaligo’s website.
Ultimately, this is a great way to earn additional awards when staying at a hotel. When booking a hotel room, there are plenty options to choose from, but it’s nice to know that you’ll get something in return. Whether you choose to receive airline miles, transferable points, hotel points or Uber credits, there’s definitely value to be had in booking your hotel stay through Kaligo.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards