This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Glamping is the hippest new trend in the travel world. Why stay in a hotel when you can get all the amenities of a luxurious property while in a out-of-the-ordinary glamping experience. And better yet, why camp among the mosquitos and other outdoor pests when everything can be catered to your every need — not a bug in sight. Earlier this week, we told you about the chance to glamp at the W New York in Midtown Manhattan, but now, there’s a new player in glamping town — Trump.
You can now book a Glamping by the Park package from the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Manhattan. Starting at just $1,675 per night (excluding taxes and fees), you can stay at the Trump Tower in the Executive Park View One Bedroom Suite, overlooking Central Park. You can also choose to go even bigger for your glamping experience by opting for the Park View Two Bedroom Suite, which, on average, appears to exceed more than $2,000 per night.
Here’s how Trump Tower describes the package:
Enjoy an indoor camping experience high above Central Park with our glamping experience. Enjoy a tent, sleeping bags, lantern complete with nature sounds, “campfire” and a make-your-own smores kit to enjoy the comfort of your suite living room, overlooking the trees of Central Park. Available in Executive Park One-Bedroom and Two-Bedroom Suites.
The Glamping by the Park package is available year-round. Although packages start at $1,675, I’ve found a couple dates that are going for just $1,575 per night. Note that if you do choose to glamp in Trump’s Manhattan hotel, there’s a steep cancellation fee. If you cancel within 48 hours prior to 4:00pm of the day of arrival, you’ll be charged for one night plus taxes and fees.
If you do choose to take your glamping needs to Trump International Hotel & Tower, don’t forget to use a credit card for your stay that will maximize your return. The Chase Sapphire Preferred earns 2x points on travel purchases, including hotels, and therefore, Trump International’s glamping package.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards