This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following the largest mass shooting in US history, JetBlue is stepping up to offer services for both customers and crew members. For immediate family members and domestic partners of Orlando attack victims, the carrier is offering free seats on its available flights to and from Orlando (MCO). Family members and domestic partners trying to get to Orlando should call 1-800-JETBLUE for complete details.
— JetBlue Airways (@JetBlue) June 13, 2016
JetBlue also has a fee waiver in place for customers traveling to or from MCO who might need to make last-minute changes to their travel plans. The carrier is waiving its change/cancel fees and difference in airfare requirements for customers with travel booked to or from MCO between Sunday, June 12, and Tuesday, June 14. Passengers who are impacted by this waiver can rebook their flights for travel through Tuesday, June 21, prior to the departure time of their original flight. To rebook, click here.
But JetBlue isn’t stopping there — the airline is also making a charitable contribution to support the victims of the attack and their families, although exact details have yet to be released. In addition, the New York-based carrier, which has many routes serving MCO as well as training facilities in Orlando, is encouraging crew members impacted by the event to take advantage of resources by contacting their crew leader. As of this writing, JetBlue is the only carrier to announce any changes in light of the horrific incident that occurred over the weekend.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards