This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Via a Reddit thread, American Express is currently offering 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months with the Amex Platinum card. The regular The Platinum Card from American Express offer is for 40,000 points with the same spending requirement, so this is a fantastic deal.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Update: We’ve been informed by Amex that this is a targeted offer. It may no longer be possible to sign up unless you’ve been selected to receive this particular offer.
Note that you aren’t eligible if you currently have the Platinum card or you’ve had one in the past, though you can get the bonus if you’ve had a different version of the card, such as the Mercedes-Benz Platinum Card or the The Enhanced Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN.
While it comes along with a hefty $450 annual fee, the Amex Platinum card can be tremendously valuable for frequent travelers, thanks to its $200 annual airline credit (which may possibly be used for Amazon gift cards), lounge access (including Amex-branded Centurion Lounges), Hilton and Starwood Gold status, Global Entry credit and more. You also get access to Amex’s Platinum Concierge service and the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program.
TPG values Membership Rewards points at 1.9 cents each, thanks in part to Amex’s transfer partners, making this bonus worth a whopping $1,900. If you’ve been on the fence about Amex Platinum, now’s the time to jump!
Will you be earning 100,000 bonus points with the Amex Platinum card?
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees