This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In addition to flying, one of the easiest ways to earn frequent flyer miles is through signing up for promotions that reward you with additional miles. For example, United Airlines’ dining rewards program is currently targeting MileagePlus members with up to 5,000 miles if they’re a new MileagePlus Dining member who signs up for the program. And now, you can earn a quick additional 1,000 United miles by signing up for Prosper Daily, a personal finance tracking app.
Here’s how it works: Sign up for the promotion here with your last name, zip code and MileagePlus number. From there, you’ll get a screen where you can enter your phone number and receive a unique link to download the Prosper Daily app on your phone. Upon clicking, you’ll be redirected to the app store to download the app and register for an account — that’s it. Note that you must register for the promotion and download the Prosper Daily app by June 30, and the 1,000 miles will be posted to your MileagePlus account within six to eight weeks after downloading the app.
Prosper Daily allows you to track your financial accounts and credit in one place. It’s a very interactive and aesthetically pleasing interface that makes tracking your spending easy. In addition, you can access your credit score for free on the app (several other credit cards also allow you to do that, such as The Platinum Card from American Express, Citi Prestige and Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard). The app’s parent company, Prosper Marketplace, Incorporated, is the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US with more than two million members and more than $6 billion in funded loans.
If nothing else, signing up for this app is an easy way to earn a quick 1,000 United miles. If you’re hesitant to share your bank or credit card information, it doesn’t appear that you need to link any accounts in order to be eligible for the promotion.
H/T: The Gate
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards