This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next week, I’ll be heading to Austin, Texas, for SXSW. I’ve attended a few times in the past and am excited to return to ATX for the event. This year, however, is special: As part of the music portion of the festival, I’ll be speaking on my own panel about “Getting the Most Bang for Your Touring Buck” on March 16 at the Austin Convention Center.
In addition to my talk (you’ll need a SXSW pass to attend), I’ll also be hosting a TPG happy hour and meet & greet event with fans in Austin. The happy hour will be from 5:30pm-7pm on Tuesday, March 15, and we’ll be enjoying cocktails, appetizers and running some exciting giveaways. Visit our Facebook page or enter the giveaway below.
You must enter by 2pm ET on Thursday, March 10, to be eligible, and winners will be contacted via email. If you are selected, you must confirm your attendance by 2pm ET on Friday, March 11. Please note that due to space constraints, only the winners of this giveaway will be able to attend the event.
Be sure to follow me on Snapchat (thepointsguy) for live footage from SXSW and the rest of my time in Austin!
Last week’s winners: Last week, we gave away 50,000 Marriott points. Congratulations again to Norman C., who won by following TPG on Twitter. Stay tuned for more great giveaways on the blog, as well as on TPG’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards