This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber announced that it’s teaming up with Capital One to offer four free trips with its low-cost service, UberPool, this weekend when riders use a Capital One card. If you have a Capital One credit or debit card that’s not currently synced up with your Uber account, this is the perfect weekend to set that up. If you haven’t signed up for Uber yet, you can join here and get your first ride free (up to $15) — effectively giving you five rides for free this weekend.
The promotion is available in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. from 12am ET Friday, March 4 through 11:59pm ET Sunday, March 6 — if you live on the west coast, the promotion will end at 8:59pm PT on Sunday, so make sure to grab a ride home before 9pm Sunday night. Enter promo code CAPITALONEPOOL in the app, choose UberPool and select your eligible Capital One card as your payment method.
As a reminder, an UberPool ride means that you’ll share a car with a stranger who is headed in the same direction as you. This offer is good for Capital One customers with US-issued credit or debit cards, however, corporate and private label cards aren’t eligible. In addition, third-party services like Apple Pay, Google Wallet and Android Pay are not eligible and each ride must begin and end in the same city.
Using your Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card or Capital One QuicksilverOne Rewards Credit Card with Uber is already a good idea, as you’ll get a 20% discount on all rides through April 30, 2016. With both cards, you’ll also earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase. The Quicksilver card also comes with a sign-up bonus of $100 after you spend $500 within the first three months.
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards