This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 10/11/16: Icelandair is back with a free “Celebration Stopover Buddy service.” It sounds virtually identical to the promotion from earlier this year. Here’s how it works, in the airline’s words:
On a transatlantic stopover, all passengers can request a free Buddy and are matched according to their celebration request, however big or small. Buddies will be on hand to act as a host in Iceland and offer their personalized local expertise. Whether it is a lifetime milestone such as a 30th birthday or celebrating ticking something of your bucket list like seeing the Northern Lights or abseiling down a volcano, Icelandair’s Buddies will make it even more memorable and affordable through their local insight.
One of the best reasons to fly Icelandair is the complimentary seven-day stopover for passengers traveling between the US and Europe, giving you plenty of time to check out some of the world’s most unique landscapes and cultures. The airline recently added a special perk to this benefit, making it a bit different than your average stopover — the carrier will now set you up with an Icelandic stopover buddy to help you experience the country like a local.
Your new Icelandic buddy is an employee of the airline — Icelandair will also provide an itinerary with activities ranging from foodie excursions to more adventurous options like heli-skiing and mountain biking for the one day you have to spend together. Best of all, the service itself is free of charge, although your own food and activity expenses need to be covered. Don’t wait: The stopover buddy service isn’t a permanent promotion and will only last until the end of April 2016.
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards