This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. In this case, however, you’ll need to search through Google and book on Norwegian’s site. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel.
Norwegian’s cheap flights to Europe are back again — this time for travelers originating in Los Angeles (LAX). The latest deal is for flights to Copenhagen (CPH), Oslo (OSL) and Stockholm (ARN) from $302 round-trip. As usual with the airline, if you book through the Norwegian version of the website (accessed by selecting Norge as your language), you’re able to save quite a bit extra on airfare. The cheapest rates are available only on a handful of dates through the spring, but you can find some other slightly more expensive fares on a more frequent basis.
Routes: LAX to ARN, CPH, OSL
Cost: $302+ round-trip in economy
Dates: Winter and spring 2016
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Copenhagen (CPH) for 2,697 NOK ($302) on Norwegian:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Oslo (OSL) for 2,718 NOK ($304) on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for 3,081 NOK ($345) on Norwegian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Thanks to TPG reader Prateek M., who shared this news tip by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards