This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex cardholders have another reason to visit Centurion Lounges this week. Starting today, American Express will be offering additional services in advance of the holiday season with special experiences and gifts in Centurion Lounges. Amex will kick off the week at the Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas — including a performance by actor Joel McHale. Other promo services/activities at Centurion Lounges include:
- Vosges Haute chocolate tasting
- Wine and whisky tastings with industry experts
- Holiday-inspired cocktails
- Personalized gift wrapping — You’ll also receive a custom-designed leather passport holder and learn gift-wrapping tips and tricks.
- Complimentary eye patches and VIP cards at the Exhale Spas
- Hair consultations, hair touch ups and scalp massages from Warren Tricomi
The events will be at varying lounges each day — although a couple, such as the holiday-inspired cocktails will be available at all lounges — the rest will be a surprise. Moreover, anyone with access to the lounge will also be able to take part in the events.
Of course, the easiest way to access the Centurion Lounge is to have either the Platinum Card from American Express or the Enhanced Business Platinum card from American Express OPEN — both of which also offer secondary cardholders lounge access. Naturally, you can also get in with the Amex Centurion card. If you hold another American Express card (including those issued by other banks), you can purchase a one-day pass for $50. The day pass includes children under 18; other guests must purchase their own passes.
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees