This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is back this week with cheap flights to Milan, in both economy and business class. While the economy fare is a hair higher than when Emirates last offered this deal in August, business class is priced the same, at $1,900 per person. The same rules apply here — you and one companion must travel together, and in the same class of service, though you can mix and match a bit, flying business in one direction and economy in the other.
While $549 for economy is a great deal, $1,900 for business isn’t too shabby, either. Emirates now operates its A380 on flights to Milan, so business class is quite nice, with a modern cabin and lie-flat seats. You’ll also receive complimentary chauffeur service to bring you to and from the airport during your trip.
Even more exciting, perhaps, is that Emirates is offering an opportunity for West Coast travelers to add their domestic segments in JetBlue’s new A321. If you’re flying business class, adding two transcon segments in JetBlue Mint only costs $2,413, or a $513 premium. That means you’re getting each Mint segment for just $257, which is an absolutely phenomenal fare.
To book any of these options, just search on Emirates.com as you normally would, and select two passengers instead of one. Also, there are some important restrictions to keep in mind:
– You must book by 11:59pm ET on November 16, 2015.
– Outbound dates are limited to November 20 through November 23, 2015, December 01 through December 03, 2015, January 07, 2015 through March 16, 2016 and April 10 through May 26, 2016.
– There’s a three-day minimum stay and 3-month maximum stay.
– A surcharge of $100 (or $200 in business) will be applied per direction for outbound and inbound flights on weekends.
– Other restrictions may apply.
Route(s): JFK to MXP, LAX or SFO to MXP with domestic segments on JetBlue
Cost: From $549 per person in coach, $1,900 per person in business round-trip
Dates: November 2015 through May 2016 (select dates)
Elite Mileage Earning: From 1,876 miles + 1,876 Tier Miles (coach), 7,504 miles + 7,504 Tier Miles (business)
Booking Link: Emirates
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of fares we found:
New York (JFK)-Milan (MXP) on Emirates in economy for $549 per person:
New York (JFK)-Milan (MXP) on Emirates in business for $1,900 per person:
Los Angeles (LAX)-Milan (MXP) on Emirates and JetBlue in economy for $799 per person:
Los Angeles (LAX)-Milan (MXP) on Emirates and JetBlue in business for $2,413 per person:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more on Milan, check out TPG’s Destination of the Week post.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards