This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard
This week’s Thursday Giveaway offers a chance to win 27,000 American Airlines miles. This fall, American is running a buy miles promotion, which includes both a discount and a bonus with your purchase.
27,000 AA miles can take you quite a long way — you can redeem for a round-trip anywhere in the continental US or Canada, as well as some one-way tickets to locations outside the US and Canada. If you’re looking for something a little more exciting, consider that 27,000 miles is almost half the miles you need for a round-trip flight to Europe (depending on the travel dates) — combined with the Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard’s sign-up bonus of 75,000 miles, you’d have enough to book the award.
TPG values American miles at 1.7 cents apiece, so you can earn quite a bit of value from both the sign-up offer, as well as the buy miles promotion. Of course, with specific redemptions in mind, you can earn significantly more value on flights that would normally cost many thousands of dollars.
You must enter the giveaway below no later than 11:59pm ET on Monday, October 19.
To enter this giveaway, visit our Facebook Page or enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Last week’s winners: Last week, we gave away a $400 credit to hotel-booking website Hotelied. Congratulations again to Betsy M, who won by visiting us on Facebook. Stay tuned for more great giveaways on the blog, as well as on TPG’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. Good luck with this week’s giveaway!
Even after the introduction of the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is still a fantastic choice if you want to avoid the Reserve’s $450 annual fee, earn 2x on all travel & dining and earn a 50,000 point sign up bonus.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards