This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: The US Airways website is down only temporarily for maintenance, and it appears that reservations will eventually be back online.
As part of the merger, American Airlines and US Airways are integrating their reservations systems — as of today, it looks like that process is now underway. You can no longer make reservations on US Airways’ website, which means that even US Airways-operated flights must be booked and ticketed through AA. You can, however, still book by calling US Airways at (800) 428-4322.
Interestingly, US Airways hasn’t changed the automated message you’ll hear when calling to book, explaining that you can save $25 for domestic travel or $35 for international travel by booking on USAirways.com. The agent I spoke to voluntarily offered to waive the phone ticketing fee, however, so if you come across a fare that’s cheaper to book through US Air, you can call to have it ticketed without an additional fee.
For more on the merger and its developments, check out our series of posts on the topic:
- How Do I Use US Airways Companion Tickets After the Merger?
- American Airlines and US Airways Will Merge Reservations Soon
- American Airlines / US Airways Receive Single Operating Certificate
- Confirmed: American/US Airways Merging Programs March 28
- American Airlines Refreshes the Look of Its Award Charts
- AAdvantage and Dividend Miles Merger: What You Need To Know
- American and US Airways Open Standard and AAnytime Awards
- Match Up Your American and US Airways Accounts Now
- American Airlines Announces New Combined AAdvantage Program
- American Airlines Announces Reciprocal Upgrades and More
- Consolidated List of American Airlines’ Surprise Changes
- The American Airlines-US Airways Merger: Winners and Losers
- Official American Airlines-US Airways Merger Announcement and What it Means for Consumers
H/T: Pizza in Motion
Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ MasterCard®
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||15.49% (Variable)||$450||0%||Excellent Credit|