This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Chase just launched a new limited time offer for the Ink Plus Business Card with a sign-up bonus of 60,000 Ultimate Rewards after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months after account opening. Furthermore, while the offer linked above has an annual fee of $95, you can get an even better offer with no annual fee for the first year when you apply in your local Chase branch.
Chase Ink Plus
Current Bonus: 60,000 points after spending $5,000 in 3 months.
Benefits: Earn 5 points per dollar at office supply stores, and on cell phone, land line, internet, and cable TV services (on up to $50,000 in spending annually), and 2 points per dollar spent at gas stations and on hotel accommodations (again, on up to $50,000 in spending annually). No foreign transaction fees. Ability to transfer points to 11 travel transfer partners, including United, British Airways, Southwest and Hyatt.
Annual Fee: $95 (waived the first year if you apply in your local branch).
The Ink Plus routinely makes my list of Top Travel Rewards Cards thanks to the earning potential of its 5x bonus categories, and the ability to send Ultimate Rewards to transfer partners. I list Ultimate Rewards points at 2.1 cents apiece in my most recent monthly valuations, so I value this sign-up bonus at $1,260. That’s enough to make this card a no-brainer, but if you can avoid the first year annual fee, the deal is even sweeter!
Some people (myself included) have been able to get Chase customer service to match the better offer over the phone after applying online, so if you don’t live near a Chase branch, you might still be able to get the annual fee waived. This is not guaranteed, however, so only apply if you’re comfortable with either outcome.
For more information about Chase Ink Plus and how to make the most of Ultimate Rewards points, see these posts:
- 10 Chase Ink Benefits You Might Not Know About
- Ranking the Chase Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partners
- Top 10 Ways to Maximize Each Ultimate Rewards Transfer Partner
- Why I Love Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Ranking the Top Chase Travel Credit Card Offers
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards