This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve been presented with a very exciting opportunity to be a part of a panel at the 2015 SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin, Texas in March. The festival is a five-day summit featuring presentations and panels from those in emerging technology, websites, video games and start-ups. The mission of SXSW Interactive is rooted in innovation, inspiration and creativity with a focus on the sharing of new ideas.
The Points Guy has been selected to be a part of a panel alongside Wendy Perrin of TripAdvisor and Arabella Bowen of Fodor’s Travel organized by Fodor’s Travel. Our panel is called “Put a Face to the Name: Personalities Build Brands.” We’ll discuss how our travel brands showcase personalities to facilitate consumer trust and interaction.
With so many thought leaders proposing compelling panels and presentations, SXSW conducts a Panel Picker where the public (that’s you!) has a voice in what sessions are scheduled. So we need your help to make this happen. Do you want to see TPG at SXSW? Please go to the SXSW Interactive Panel Picker and vote for our panel. You’ll have to sign in and create an account on the upper righthand corner of the site first, but it’s quick and easy.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that our panel’s chosen and the TPG team will definitely plan some fun reader events if we go. We’re counting on you, our TPG readers to get us there, so please take a minute to sign-up and vote. (Hopefully) See you in Austin- one of my favorite cities in America!
With great transfer partners like United and Hyatt, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, July 2016
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards