This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through April 18, 2014, JetBlue is offering status matches and challenges for TrueBlue members to earn Mosaic status good through December 31, 2015 for challenges, and through 2014 for elite status matches. That’s up to 21 months of elite status if you can hit the numbers quickly.
For members without elite status to match, you must earn 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points during the 90-day challenge period – that’s equivalent to spending $1,250 on airfares (not including taxes). If you already have elite status with a competitor, you can simply match to Mosaic status for the rest of 2014. Here’s which programs and elite tiers qualify:
- Alaska Airlines®: Mileage PlanTM MVP® Gold or MVP® Gold 75k
- American Airlines®: AAdvantage Platinum® or Executive Platinum®
- Delta®: SkyMiles Medallion® Gold, Platinum or Diamond
- Southwest®: Rapid Rewards® A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United®: MileagePlus® Premier® Gold, Platinum or Premier1K®
- US Airways®: Dividend Miles Preferred Gold, Platinum or Chairman
Looks like JetBlue is making an aggressive push to poach other airlines’ elites – including those with just mid-tier status like AAdvantage Platinum and SkyMiles Gold Medallion, ahead of the launch of their new transcontinental Mint business class product this summer, as well as to energize their existing flyers to goose their travel over the coming months. Although it’s not unusual for airlines to offers status matches and challenges (here’s a list of current offers), what’s interesting is the breadth of this offer and just how many potential flyers it encompasses.
So if you have some travel coming up and have been thinking about trying out JetBlue, now might just be the time to do it – especially if you already have status with a one of the other airlines mentioned and are curious to test out Mosaic status.
As a reminder here are the benefits of Mosaic status:
- Free second checked bag for everyone flying on the member’s reservation (2nd bag usually costs $40, and third $75)
- Free Even More™ Speed, providing expedited security at 36 airports for everyone flying on the member’s reservation
- Early boarding with early access to overhead bin space for everyone flying on the member’s reservation
- Ability to use TrueBlue points to purchase Even More™ Space seats for extra legroom (these seats have 38 inches of pitch, and come with Even More Speed privileges)
- Access to a dedicated 24/7 customer service line
- Three bonus TrueBlue points per dollar spent for a total of nine points per dollar when booking on jetblue.com (instead of the base 3 points per $1, plus 3 bonus points per $1 when booking on jetblue.com)
For more information, see these posts:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Foreign Transaction Fee||Credit Rating|
|N/A||16.24%-23.24% Variable||Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95||0%||Excellent Credit|