Now through October 31, 2013, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping is offering customers the opportunity to earn up to 750 bonus Alaska Airlines miles.
You’ll receive 250 bonus miles just for signing up to receive the Mileage Plan Shopping emails. You can do this by heading over to their site and logging in and selecting “My Shopping Account” where you’ll be able to update your email preferences in the “Profile” tab.
Then once you make a purchase of $25 or more through one of their retailers offered on their site, you’ll be credited with an additional 500 bonus miles. These miles are in additional to the regular miles you’ll earn for purchasing through their shopping portal. The bonus miles can take 8-10 weeks to post to your account.
While 750 miles won’t get you a free award ticket, every mile counts and since as long as you earn or spend at least one mile every 24 months with Alaska Airlines, this will keep your account active for another 2 years.
As a reminder, this quarter for the Chase Freedom‘s 5X bonus spending includes department stores, so to maximize on this deal, I would recommend using your Freedom card if you plan to make your purchases at a department store – the list of eligible ones includes big names like Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, JC Penney, Nordstrom and more, which you can find on the bonus activation page.
That means if you click through the Alaska Airlines portal and use your Freedom card to pay for the purchase, you’ll earn 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 on top of the 500 bonus miles and any regular shopping portal Alaska miles you w0uld normally earn.
In the meantime, here is a list of shopping portals and other current special offers:
- American: AAdvantageEshopping.com (4X Nordstrom, 3X Sears)
- Amtrak: Amtrak Guest Rewards (7X J. Crew, 6X Dell, 4X Home Depot)
- Chase: Ultimate Rewards Shopping (10X Kohl’s, 6X Bergdorf Goodman, 5X KMart)
- Choice Rewards: Choice Privileges Mall (7X Nordstrom, 10X eBags)
- Delta: Skymilesshopping.com (3X PetSmart, 4X Neiman Marcus)
- Discover: ShopDiscover (5% Cash Back- DELL, Lowe’s Home Depot)
- Frontier: Early Returns Mall (10X SkyMall, 3X Ray-Ban, 4X Steve Madden)
- Hawaiian Airlines: Hawaiian Airlines eMarket (4X Macy’s, 4X Walgreens)
- Hilton HHonors: Hilton HHonors Shop to Earn Mall (3X Barney’s, 3X Nordstrom)
- Marriott Rewards: Shop My Way (5X Sephora, 10X Rosetta Stone, 6X Land’s End)
- Southwest: Rapid Rewards Shopping (8X Sear’s, 4X JC Penny, 4X Sephora)
- United: Mileageplusshopping.com (2X Nordstrom, 9X JC Penny, 4X Sak’s Fifth Avenue)
- US Airways: Dividend Miles Shopping Mall (3X Kmart, 2X Living Social, 3X Sear’s)
- Ultimate Rewards: Ultimate Rewards Shopping Portal (5X Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Nordstrom and JC Penney, 6X Bergdorf Goodman, 10X Kohl’s)
So there’s lots of shopping to be done and bonus points to be earned.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author.s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.