This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – United MileagePlus Explorer
I had to stop by my local Chase branch yesterday to take care of some everyday banking and as I was waiting to speak to a banker there, I noticed that they had brochures out for all their current credit cards. Most of them were the same as what you can find publicly online, but as I was perusing them, I came across offers for each of their United co-branded cards, the MileagePlus Explorer and the Club card that have bonuses as high as the best targeted offers out there and both of which have their first year’s annual fee waived – a $395 value in the case of the Club card!
Here’s what they were:
United MileagePlus Explorer Card
- Start with 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases within 3 months of account opening
- 5,000 additional miles when you use your card and add an authorized user within 3 months
- 10,000 miles every year when you spend $25,000 or more per calendar year
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased directly form United and 1 award mile on everything else
- First checked bag free for the primary cardholder and one companion
- Priority boarding privileges
- Two United Club Passes
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $95 annual fee, $0 introductory annual fee first year
This offer is nearly twice as good as the public offer – which is just 30,000 miles when you spend $1,000 in 3 months – and almost as good as the targeted offer I got in on during my app-o-rama back in March where I got 55,000 miles for spending $1,000 in 3 months and adding an authorized user.
United MileagePlus Club Card
- Full United Club membership
- Earn 1.5 award miles per dollar spent on purchases and 2 miles per dollar spent on United tickets
- First and second checked bags free
- Premier Access
- No foreign transaction fees
- $395 annual fee, $0 introductory annual fee first year
That beats the public offer hands down – which is all the same benefits, but only a $100 statement credit and no waiver of the annual fee.
The best part is, I asked a banker in the branch if you needed to be a Chase customer to apply for these and she said no! All you have to to is walk into a branch and ask to apply for one of these and then you’ll have to sit with a banker who will input the application info for you into their system. So if you’ve been interested in either of these two cards but have been waiting for a higher bonus to come along, I would suggest you find the nearest Chase branch to you and apply for one of these or try logging onto United.com and checking to see if you’ve been directly targeted for either offer.
Ink Plus® Business Credit Card
|Intro APR||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Balance Transfer||Credit Rating|
|N/A||15.49%-19.49% Variable||$95||See Terms||Excellent Credit|