This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: I actually wrote about this in February and I did get the miles (along with another commenter) so it seems reasonable enough to assume these should post in about a month or so.
I recently got an email offer for 500 free United miles for signing up for MyPoints, but before I could sign up TPG reader foofiter tweeted me about a 750 point sign-up offer, which I happily jumped on. Sign-up link.
Once you sign up, I recommend verifying your email address (you’ll get an email with a link- you may want to create a new account, because you’ll probably get a good amount of spam) and then answering the first questionnaire which is made up of basic questions. That may be overkill, but I just wanted to make sure my account was fully active for the 30 days needed to get my points.
Remember, you can link your Continental and United accounts and transfer miles back and forth, so even if you don’t have a United account, you should create one so you capitalize on these types of offers while both programs still exist.
Per the T&C of this offer “After 30 days of active MyPoints membership, you will qualify for your 750 Mileage Plus bonus award miles.”
I don’t think I’ll really use MyPoints because it takes a lot of time and effort to accrue enough points that mean anything, but I’ll take the 750 free miles!
While this premium card has one of the highest annual fees on the market, it has several valuable perks that could make it worthwhile, depending on your travel patterns. These include a $200 annual airline rebate, lounge access, free Hilton Gold status and free Starwood Preferred Guest Gold status.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- 5X points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 a year for baggage fees and more at one airline. Terms Apply.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations worldwide. Terms Apply.
- Enroll to enjoy the benefits of complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status with your Platinum Card.®
- No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- See Rates & Fees