Watch Now: What You Need to Know About Southwest Rapid Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest may get a lot of attention for its quirky safety announcements and no-frills approach to travel within North America, but the carrier’s Rapid Rewards program carries some solid value for many travelers. If you’re tired of disappearing award charts and want a simpler loyalty scheme, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve just launched a series of videos to help you make the most of your Southwest points. Check out the videos below, and then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for additional updates.
All the Perks of Southwest Elite Status
- Additional reading: What is Southwest Elite Status Worth in 2019?
Best Credit Cards for Southwest Flyers
- Additional reading: The Best Southwest Credit Card for Families
Best Ways to Navigate Cancellations and Changes With Southwest
- Additional reading: There’s Never a Penalty to Change or Cancel a Southwest Ticket
Make the Most Out of Your Next Award Flight on Southwest
- Additional reading: 10 Reasons Southwest Is the Most Underrated Airline
And of course, then there’s the carrier’s Companion Pass, one of the most lucrative options out there. We’ve devoted a separate video to this perk, but you can also check out our guide for how to earn the Companion Pass for additional details.
If you don’t currently have a card that earns Southwest points, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card could be a terrific option. You’ll earn a sign-up bonus of 40,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. The card includes four upgraded boardings per year, 20% off inflight purchases and a $75 annual Southwest credit to help offset the $149 annual fee. You’ll even take home 7,500 points when you renew your card each year.
For complete details, check out our full review of the Southwest Priority card.
Featured photo by Patrick Fallon/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.