Watch Now: What You Need to Know About Southwest Rapid Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest may get a lot of attention for its quirky safety announcements and no-frills approach to travel within North America, but the carrier’s Rapid Rewards program carries some solid value for many travelers. If you’re tired of disappearing award charts and want a simpler loyalty scheme, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve just launched a series of videos to help you make the most of your Southwest points. Check out the videos below, and then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for additional updates.
All the Perks of Southwest Elite Status
- Additional reading: What is Southwest Elite Status Worth in 2019?
Best Credit Cards for Southwest Flyers
- Additional reading: The Best Southwest Credit Card for Families
Best Ways to Navigate Cancellations and Changes With Southwest
- Additional reading: There’s Never a Penalty to Change or Cancel a Southwest Ticket
Make the Most Out of Your Next Award Flight on Southwest
- Additional reading: 10 Reasons Southwest Is the Most Underrated Airline
And of course, then there’s the carrier’s Companion Pass, one of the most lucrative options out there. We’ve devoted a separate video to this perk, but you can also check out our guide for how to earn the Companion Pass for additional details.
If you don’t currently have a card that earns Southwest points, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card could be a terrific option. You’ll earn up to 100,000 bonus points. Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open, plus 50,000 more bonus points after spending $12,000 total on purchases in the first 12 months. The card includes four upgraded boardings per year, 25% off inflight purchases and a $75 annual Southwest travel credit to help offset the $149 annual fee. You’ll even take home 7,500 points when you renew your card each year.
For complete details, check out our full review of the Southwest Priority card.
Featured photo by Patrick Fallon/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees