Watch Now: What You Need to Know About Southwest Rapid Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Southwest may get a lot of attention for its quirky safety announcements and no-frills approach to travel within North America, but the carrier’s Rapid Rewards program carries some solid value for many travelers. If you’re tired of disappearing award charts and want a simpler loyalty scheme, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve just launched a series of videos to help you make the most of your Southwest points. Check out the videos below, and then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for additional updates.
All the Perks of Southwest Elite Status
- Additional reading: What is Southwest Elite Status Worth in 2019?
Best Credit Cards for Southwest Flyers
- Additional reading: The Best Southwest Credit Card for Families
Best Ways to Navigate Cancellations and Changes With Southwest
- Additional reading: There’s Never a Penalty to Change or Cancel a Southwest Ticket
Make the Most Out of Your Next Award Flight on Southwest
- Additional reading: 10 Reasons Southwest Is the Most Underrated Airline
And of course, then there’s the carrier’s Companion Pass, one of the most lucrative options out there. We’ve devoted a separate video to this perk, but you can also check out our guide for how to earn the Companion Pass for additional details.
If you don’t currently have a card that earns Southwest points, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card could be a terrific option. You’ll earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. The card includes four upgraded boardings per year, 25% off inflight purchases and a $75 annual Southwest travel credit to help offset the $149 annual fee. You’ll even take home 7,500 points when you renew your card each year.
For complete details, check out our full review of the Southwest Priority card.
Featured photo by Patrick Fallon/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel
- Receive up to $300 back annually as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of options
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary
- Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
- Unlimited complimentary access for you and two guests to 1,300+ lounges, including Capital One Lounges and the Partner Lounge Network
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Use your Venture X miles to easily cover travel expenses, including flights, hotels, rental cars and more—you can even transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Elevate your stay at luxury hotels and resorts from the Premier Collection with a $100 experience credit, daily breakfast for 2 and complimentary WiFi on every booking, plus other premium benefits like room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout when available
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.