Watch Now: What You Need to Know About Southwest Rapid Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest may get a lot of attention for its quirky safety announcements and no-frills approach to travel within North America, but the carrier’s Rapid Rewards program carries some solid value for many travelers. If you’re tired of disappearing award charts and want a simpler loyalty scheme, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve just launched a series of videos to help you make the most of your Southwest points. Check out the videos below, and then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for additional updates.
All the Perks of Southwest Elite Status
- Additional reading: What is Southwest Elite Status Worth in 2019?
Best Credit Cards for Southwest Flyers
- Additional reading: The Best Southwest Credit Card for Families
Best Ways to Navigate Cancellations and Changes With Southwest
- Additional reading: There’s Never a Penalty to Change or Cancel a Southwest Ticket
Make the Most Out of Your Next Award Flight on Southwest
- Additional reading: 10 Reasons Southwest Is the Most Underrated Airline
And of course, then there’s the carrier’s Companion Pass, one of the most lucrative options out there. We’ve devoted a separate video to this perk, but you can also check out our guide for how to earn the Companion Pass for additional details.
If you don’t currently have a card that earns Southwest points, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card could be a terrific option. You’ll earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Plus, earn 3X points on dining, including takeout and eligible delivery services, for the first year. The card includes four upgraded boardings per year, 20% off inflight purchases and a $75 annual Southwest travel credit to help offset the $149 annual fee. You’ll even take home 7,500 points when you renew your card each year.
For complete details, check out our full review of the Southwest Priority card.
Featured photo by Patrick Fallon/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.