Watch Now: Maximizing the Bank of America Premium Rewards Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In this day and age of award chart devaluations, new variable pricing models and unannounced program changes, it’s hard to argue with the idea that fixed-value credit cards are becoming more and more attractive. One such card is the Bank of America®️ Premium Rewards®️ credit card, a relatively new entrant to this category that can still provide a ton of value.
If you’re considering adding this card to your wallet, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve just launched a new video to help you make the most of it. Check it out below, and then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for additional updates.
Make the Most of Your Bank of America®️ Premium Rewards®️ credit card
For additional details, check out the following guides:
- 5 Lesser-Known Perks of the Bank of America®️ Premium Rewards®️ Card
- How to Get 3.5x on Travel and Dining With the Bank of America®️ Premium Rewards®️ Card
If you don’t currently have the Bank of America®️ Premium Rewards®️ credit card in your wallet, you can currently pick up a sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus points after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. This is worth $500 toward a variety of awards, including travel and cash-back. The card offers a variety of appealing features, including 2x points on travel and dining purchases and 1.5x points everywhere else. However, if you are a Preferred Rewards client with Bank of America, you can boost those earnings by up to 75%.
Other perks include a $100 annual airline incidental credit for purchases like checked bag fees and seat upgrades; a credit toward either Global Entry or TSA PreCheck every four years (up to $100); and extensive coverage like trip cancellation insurance and baggage delay protection. These types of benefits are typically reserved for premium travel rewards cards, but the Premium Rewards card only has a $95 annual fee.
For additional details, check out our full review of the Premium Rewards card.
Featured photo by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.