This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In this day and age of award chart devaluations, new variable pricing models and unannounced program changes, it’s hard to argue with the idea that fixed-value credit cards are becoming more and more attractive. One such card is the Bank of America Premium Rewards credit card, a relatively new entrant to this category that can still provide a ton of value.
If you’re considering adding this card to your wallet, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve just launched a new video to help you make the most of it. Check it out below, and then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for additional updates.
Make the Most of Your Bank of America Premium Rewards Card
For additional details, check out the following guides:
- 5 Lesser-Known Perks of the Bank of America Premium Rewards Card
- How to Get 3.5x on Travel and Dining With the Bank of America Premium Rewards Card
If you don’t currently have the Bank of America Premium Rewards credit card in your wallet, you can currently pick up a sign-up bonus of 50,000 bonus points after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. This is worth $500 toward a variety of awards, including travel and cash-back. The card offers a variety of appealing features, including 2x points on travel and dining purchases and 1.5x points everywhere else. However, if you are a Preferred Rewards client with Bank of America, you can boost those earnings by up to 75%.
Other perks include a $100 annual airline incidental credit for purchases like checked bag fees and seat upgrades; a credit toward either Global Entry or TSA PreCheck every four years (up to $100); and extensive coverage like trip cancellation insurance and baggage delay protection. These types of benefits are typically reserved for premium travel rewards cards, but the Premium Rewards card only has a $95 annual fee.
For additional details, check out our full review of the Premium Rewards card.
Featured photo by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees