Video: TPG Visits Brooklyn’s Israeli Cafe, Miriam
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, we discussed the difference between New York Jewish culture and Israeli Jewish culture. This week, we got a taste of it.
TPG travel editor Melanie Lieberman stopped by Miriam in Park Slope, Brooklyn, to indulge in some down-home, classic Israeli brunch fare. We tried Israeli salad, shakshuka, and of course, there was plenty of olive oil and hummus to go around.
Miriam has been a New York fixture since 2005. Owner-chef Rafael Hasid said the restaurant is named after his own mother and takes after her recipes. “I think there are almost a quarter of a million Israelis in New York City,” said Hasid. “There are a lot of things you can do here, as an Israeli.”
Which brings us to next week’s installment, “This is New York?” — in which local comedian Dan Fox will meet up with Joel Tietolman at Mile End Delicatessen in Boerum Hill, also in Brooklyn, to feast on some good, old-fashioned New York Jewish food. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up!
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.