This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, we discussed the difference between New York Jewish culture and Israeli Jewish culture. This week, we got a taste of it.
TPG travel editor Melanie Lieberman stopped by Miriam in Park Slope, Brooklyn, to indulge in some down-home, classic Israeli brunch fare. We tried Israeli salad, shakshuka, and of course, there was plenty of olive oil and hummus to go around.
Miriam has been a New York fixture since 2005. Owner-chef Rafael Hasid said the restaurant is named after his own mother and takes after her recipes. “I think there are almost a quarter of a million Israelis in New York City,” said Hasid. “There are a lot of things you can do here, as an Israeli.”
Which brings us to next week’s installment, “This is New York?” — in which local comedian Dan Fox will meet up with Joel Tietolman at Mile End Delicatessen in Boerum Hill, also in Brooklyn, to feast on some good, old-fashioned New York Jewish food. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up!
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees