Video: TPG Visits Brooklyn’s Israeli Cafe, Miriam
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week, we discussed the difference between New York Jewish culture and Israeli Jewish culture. This week, we got a taste of it.
TPG travel editor Melanie Lieberman stopped by Miriam in Park Slope, Brooklyn, to indulge in some down-home, classic Israeli brunch fare. We tried Israeli salad, shakshuka, and of course, there was plenty of olive oil and hummus to go around.
Miriam has been a New York fixture since 2005. Owner-chef Rafael Hasid said the restaurant is named after his own mother and takes after her recipes. “I think there are almost a quarter of a million Israelis in New York City,” said Hasid. “There are a lot of things you can do here, as an Israeli.”
Which brings us to next week’s installment, “This is New York?” — in which local comedian Dan Fox will meet up with Joel Tietolman at Mile End Delicatessen in Boerum Hill, also in Brooklyn, to feast on some good, old-fashioned New York Jewish food. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up!
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel
- Receive up to $300 back annually as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of options
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary
- Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
- Unlimited complimentary access for you and two guests to 1,300+ lounges, including Capital One Lounges and the Partner Lounge Network
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Use your Venture X miles to easily cover travel expenses, including flights, hotels, rental cars and more—you can even transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Elevate your stay at luxury hotels and resorts from the Premier Collection with a $100 experience credit, daily breakfast for 2 and complimentary WiFi on every booking, plus other premium benefits like room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout when available
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.