This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Baruch atah adonai — let’s go.
In this week’s installment of our three-part series for This Is New York: Israeli Vs New York culture — we took a gigantic bite (those brisket sandwiches are pretty stacked) out of Ashkenazi culture at Boerum Hill’s Mile End Delicatessen with comedian Dan Fox.
Owner Joel Tietolman is actually from Montreal, Canada — but despite not being a native, some say that Mile End Deli is one of the best in the five boroughs. Home to nearly all of the classic Jewish food staples, from fresh matzo ball soup, brisket, smoked meat sandwiches to plenty — and we mean plenty — of shmaltz, Mile End is practically an Ashkenazi food mecca.
If you’re just tuning into this series for the first time, make sure to check out last week’s installment in which we sent TPG travel editor Melanie Lieberman to Miriam in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, for a taste of some classic Israeli cuisine.
And if you want to see some more of our video content, subscribe to our YouTube channel below!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards