Video: TPG Digs In at Boerum Hill’s Mile End Delicatessen
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Baruch atah adonai — let’s go.
In this week’s installment of our three-part series for This Is New York: Israeli Vs New York culture — we took a gigantic bite (those brisket sandwiches are pretty stacked) out of Ashkenazi culture at Boerum Hill’s Mile End Delicatessen with comedian Dan Fox.
Owner Joel Tietolman is actually from Montreal, Canada — but despite not being a native, some say that Mile End Deli is one of the best in the five boroughs. Home to nearly all of the classic Jewish food staples, from fresh matzo ball soup, brisket, smoked meat sandwiches to plenty — and we mean plenty — of shmaltz, Mile End is practically an Ashkenazi food mecca.
If you’re just tuning into this series for the first time, make sure to check out last week’s installment in which we sent TPG travel editor Melanie Lieberman to Miriam in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, for a taste of some classic Israeli cuisine.
And if you want to see some more of our video content, subscribe to our YouTube channel below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel
- Receive up to $300 back annually as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of options
- Get 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 towards travel) every year, starting on your first anniversary
- Earn unlimited 10X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5X miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on all other purchases
- Unlimited complimentary access for you and two guests to 1,300+ lounges, including Capital One Lounges and the Partner Lounge Network
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Use your Venture X miles to easily cover travel expenses, including flights, hotels, rental cars and more—you can even transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Elevate your stay at luxury hotels and resorts from the Premier Collection with a $100 experience credit, daily breakfast for 2 and complimentary WiFi on every booking, plus other premium benefits like room upgrades, early check-in and late checkout when available
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.