Video: 15 Questions with The Points Guy, Brian Kelly
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We see you. We hear you. We know you’re all overflowing with questions to ask Brian Kelly.
In this video, we go through some of our most frequently asked questions rapid-fire style with The Points Guy himself. How do you earn points and miles? What’s the best beginner credit card to get for an aspiring points nerd, and why? What’s your best piece of advice to first-time credit card holders? Well, no worries — all answers are in the clip below.
Have more questions? No problem. For additional points and miles-related video content, check out our YouTube channel. You can tune into our series “To The Point” and “Have Points, Will Travel” for the chance to learn more about how you can maximize your spending — like how to go on extravagant vacations (or take luxurious flights) for less than the price of a sandwich, for example.
So subscribe! Really, it’s a no-brainer.
Featured image by Eric Helgas for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets (up to $25,000 per calendar year; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards® Points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® Points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Uber Cash on Gold: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
- Updated $120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express® Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
- Choose the color that suits your style. Gold or Rose Gold.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees