Tips From the World’s Most Frequent Flyer: Showering in the Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today, Tom’s joining us from the United Polaris Lounge in San Francisco (SFO), where he frequently stops to refresh after a long international flight — often Sydney, Australia (SYD), which means he’s spent at least 13 consecutive hours sitting on a plane. After nearly 7,500 miles of flying, I’d be eager for a shower, and Tom often is as well. As he points out, some lounges offer more than just some hot running water, though.
At the SFO Polaris Lounge (and other United locations), you can ask for a dental kit, shaving set and other amenities. But Tom’s favorite amenity is the pressing service — hand over your clothes when you arrive, and they’ll be delivered fully pressed by the time you’re ready to roll. Some lounges even have washers and dryers on hand, and the staff might be willing to run an item or two through, especially if you’re in a pinch. As we always say, it never hurts to ask!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.