TPG Adventures: Gin & Tonic Tea Time Aboard a London Double Decker Bus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a quintessential way to see London, consider signing up for the B Bakery Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour. You’ll see all of the English capital’s top tourist attractions all while sipping on seasonal gin cocktails and indulging in sweet and savory snacks.
Cruise past the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, the Marble Arch, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and more while enjoying a traditional tea time feast. Apparently, afternoon tea is much more fun when it’s boozy — cheers to that!
The tour operates every Friday between June 22 and August 31, 2018 this summer and every Saturday through the end of 2018, as well as a few other miscellaneous dates which you can view on B Bakery’s site. Tours start at 5:30pm, leaving from Victoria Station — note that advance reservations are required. Prices start at £46 (around $63) per person and are available for those 18 and up. The tour even caters to your dietary needs and offers vegetarian, gluten-free, Halal, vegan or traditional tea options, which you can select at the time of booking.
There are plenty of ways to get between the US and London. WOW Air offers extra cheap fares, but you’ll have a layover in Reykjavik (KEF). Norwegian is another low-cost option if you want to pay cash for your tickets. If you’ve got a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can transfer some to British Airways, but you may end up paying hefty fuel surcharges on BA award tickets. United is a another option if you’d like to transfer from Chase, with reasonable saver award availability in economy, especially in low season. Aer Lingus is another Chase transfer partner, but you’ll have to stop in Dublin before continuing on to London. You can also redeem Delta SkyMiles or American AAdvantage miles to fly to London nonstop from major hubs or with just one stop from many markets throughout the country.
Where to Stay
Although London hotel stays can often be pricey, there are almost endless options if you’d like to use points. Here at TPG we recommend the Sheraton Park Lane and the London EDITION. The city also has a number of Radisson Blu properties that are centrally located. If you’re ready for a big splurge, stay at the luxurious Savoy — just make sure to use your Citi Prestige card in order to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
- Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- Get up to $300 back per calendar year on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card. Enrollment required. Learn more.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® lanes available at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your membership when you use your Card. Learn more.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees