TPG Adventures: Gin & Tonic Tea Time Aboard a London Double Decker Bus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a quintessential way to see London, consider signing up for the B Bakery Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour. You’ll see all of the English capital’s top tourist attractions all while sipping on seasonal gin cocktails and indulging in sweet and savory snacks.
Cruise past the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, the Marble Arch, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and more while enjoying a traditional tea time feast. Apparently, afternoon tea is much more fun when it’s boozy — cheers to that!
The tour operates every Friday between June 22 and August 31, 2018 this summer and every Saturday through the end of 2018, as well as a few other miscellaneous dates which you can view on B Bakery’s site. Tours start at 5:30pm, leaving from Victoria Station — note that advance reservations are required. Prices start at £46 (around $63) per person and are available for those 18 and up. The tour even caters to your dietary needs and offers vegetarian, gluten-free, Halal, vegan or traditional tea options, which you can select at the time of booking.
There are plenty of ways to get between the US and London. WOW Air offers extra cheap fares, but you’ll have a layover in Reykjavik (KEF). Norwegian is another low-cost option if you want to pay cash for your tickets. If you’ve got a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can transfer some to British Airways, but you may end up paying hefty fuel surcharges on BA award tickets. United is a another option if you’d like to transfer from Chase, with reasonable saver award availability in economy, especially in low season. Aer Lingus is another Chase transfer partner, but you’ll have to stop in Dublin before continuing on to London. You can also redeem Delta SkyMiles or American AAdvantage miles to fly to London nonstop from major hubs or with just one stop from many markets throughout the country.
Where to Stay
Although London hotel stays can often be pricey, there are almost endless options if you’d like to use points. Here at TPG we recommend the Sheraton Park Lane and the London EDITION. The city also has a number of Radisson Blu properties that are centrally located. If you’re ready for a big splurge, stay at the luxurious Savoy — just make sure to use your Citi Prestige card in order to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.