TPG Adventures: Gin & Tonic Tea Time Aboard a London Double Decker Bus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a quintessential way to see London, consider signing up for the B Bakery Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour. You’ll see all of the English capital’s top tourist attractions all while sipping on seasonal gin cocktails and indulging in sweet and savory snacks.
Cruise past the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, the Marble Arch, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and more while enjoying a traditional tea time feast. Apparently, afternoon tea is much more fun when it’s boozy — cheers to that!
The tour operates every Friday between June 22 and August 31, 2018 this summer and every Saturday through the end of 2018, as well as a few other miscellaneous dates which you can view on B Bakery’s site. Tours start at 5:30pm, leaving from Victoria Station — note that advance reservations are required. Prices start at £46 (around $63) per person and are available for those 18 and up. The tour even caters to your dietary needs and offers vegetarian, gluten-free, Halal, vegan or traditional tea options, which you can select at the time of booking.
There are plenty of ways to get between the US and London. WOW Air offers extra cheap fares, but you’ll have a layover in Reykjavik (KEF). Norwegian is another low-cost option if you want to pay cash for your tickets. If you’ve got a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can transfer some to British Airways, but you may end up paying hefty fuel surcharges on BA award tickets. United is a another option if you’d like to transfer from Chase, with reasonable saver award availability in economy, especially in low season. Aer Lingus is another Chase transfer partner, but you’ll have to stop in Dublin before continuing on to London. You can also redeem Delta SkyMiles or American AAdvantage miles to fly to London nonstop from major hubs or with just one stop from many markets throughout the country.
Where to Stay
Although London hotel stays can often be pricey, there are almost endless options if you’d like to use points. Here at TPG we recommend the Sheraton Park Lane and the London EDITION. The city also has a number of Radisson Blu properties that are centrally located. If you’re ready for a big splurge, stay at the luxurious Savoy — just make sure to use your Citi Prestige card in order to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees