This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a quintessential way to see London, consider signing up for the B Bakery Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour. You’ll see all of the English capital’s top tourist attractions all while sipping on seasonal gin cocktails and indulging in sweet and savory snacks.
Cruise past the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, the Marble Arch, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and more while enjoying a traditional tea time feast. Apparently, afternoon tea is much more fun when it’s boozy — cheers to that!
The tour operates every Friday between June 22 and August 31, 2018 this summer and every Saturday through the end of 2018, as well as a few other miscellaneous dates which you can view on B Bakery’s site. Tours start at 5:30pm, leaving from Victoria Station — note that advance reservations are required. Prices start at £46 (around $63) per person and are available for those 18 and up. The tour even caters to your dietary needs and offers vegetarian, gluten-free, Halal, vegan or traditional tea options, which you can select at the time of booking.
There are plenty of ways to get between the US and London. WOW Air offers extra cheap fares, but you’ll have a layover in Reykjavik (KEF). Norwegian is another low-cost option if you want to pay cash for your tickets. If you’ve got a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can transfer some to British Airways, but you may end up paying hefty fuel surcharges on BA award tickets. United is a another option if you’d like to transfer from Chase, with reasonable saver award availability in economy, especially in low season. Aer Lingus is another Chase transfer partner, but you’ll have to stop in Dublin before continuing on to London. You can also redeem Delta SkyMiles or American AAdvantage miles to fly to London nonstop from major hubs or with just one stop from many markets throughout the country.
Where to Stay
Although London hotel stays can often be pricey, there are almost endless options if you’d like to use points. Here at TPG we recommend the Sheraton Park Lane and the London EDITION. The city also has a number of Radisson Blu properties that are centrally located. If you’re ready for a big splurge, stay at the luxurious Savoy — just make sure to use your Citi Prestige card in order to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards