This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a quintessential way to see London, consider signing up for the B Bakery Gin Lovers Afternoon Tea Bus Tour. You’ll see all of the English capital’s top tourist attractions all while sipping on seasonal gin cocktails and indulging in sweet and savory snacks.
Cruise past the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, the Marble Arch, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and more while enjoying a traditional tea time feast. Apparently, afternoon tea is much more fun when it’s boozy — cheers to that!
The tour operates every Friday between June 22 and August 31, 2018 this summer and every Saturday through the end of 2018, as well as a few other miscellaneous dates which you can view on B Bakery’s site. Tours start at 5:30pm, leaving from Victoria Station — note that advance reservations are required. Prices start at £46 (around $63) per person and are available for those 18 and up. The tour even caters to your dietary needs and offers vegetarian, gluten-free, Halal, vegan or traditional tea options, which you can select at the time of booking.
There are plenty of ways to get between the US and London. WOW Air offers extra cheap fares, but you’ll have a layover in Reykjavik (KEF). Norwegian is another low-cost option if you want to pay cash for your tickets. If you’ve got a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can transfer some to British Airways, but you may end up paying hefty fuel surcharges on BA award tickets. United is a another option if you’d like to transfer from Chase, with reasonable saver award availability in economy, especially in low season. Aer Lingus is another Chase transfer partner, but you’ll have to stop in Dublin before continuing on to London. You can also redeem Delta SkyMiles or American AAdvantage miles to fly to London nonstop from major hubs or with just one stop from many markets throughout the country.
Where to Stay
Although London hotel stays can often be pricey, there are almost endless options if you’d like to use points. Here at TPG we recommend the Sheraton Park Lane and the London EDITION. The city also has a number of Radisson Blu properties that are centrally located. If you’re ready for a big splurge, stay at the luxurious Savoy — just make sure to use your Citi Prestige card in order to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees