Watch Now: How to Make the Most of IHG Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
Generally speaking, IHG doesn’t get as much love from points and miles aficionados as its hotel program brethren — namely Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy and World of Hyatt. Nevertheless, there are some simple steps you can take to unlock some solid value from the program. If you’re looking to learn more about the IHG Rewards Club, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve just launched a series of videos to help you make the most of the program. Check out the videos below, and then be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for additional updates.
Book the Suite You’ve Always Wanted With IHG Elite Status
- Additional reading: What Is IHG Rewards Club Elite Status Worth in 2019?
The Best Ways to Redeem Your Points With IHG
- Additional reading: Maximizing IHG Rewards for Family Travel
How to Maximize Your Spending with IHG Credit Cards
- Additional reading: IHG Rewards Premier Card current offer
IHG Points Are Worth Buying And Here Is Why
- Additional reading: The Best Credit Card for Buying IHG Rewards Points
As noted above, one of the best ways to maximize the IHG Rewards Club program is by holding the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. This card is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 125,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months, a haul worth $625 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. It’ll also grant you automatic Platinum Elite status, a fourth night free on all award stays and 25x points per dollar spent at all IHG properties for the first 12 months; then 10x points. However, the most valuable perk is likely the annual free night certificate awarded each year on your account anniversary. Valid at properties up to 40,000 points per night, this award can easily cover the card’s $89 annual fee in one fell swoop.
For complete details on the IHG Premier, check out our full card review.
Featured photo of the InterContinental Bali by Brian Biros/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.