Video: Behind the Scenes at Heathrow With TPG UK for the BEA Livery Launch
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday morning, TPG headed out to Heathrow for a very special event. We weren’t there to fly, but to see and film the arrival of the second Centenary livery celebrating the 100th anniversary of British Airways — an Airbus A319 in British European Airways design.
It’s not every day you get to go behind the scenes at the busiest airport in Europe.
With passports and bags checked, despite the fact we were never setting foot on a plane or leaving the country, we were issued hi-viz vests and wristbands, and taken to a (heated, fortunately) hangar to await the arrival of G-EUPJ. As the aircraft was on descent, we were ushered onto the windy and chilly tarmac, just feet away from a live taxiway, to shoot its landing.
Security was incredibly tight on the tarmac, with numerous airport security staff sternly warning us of the strict boundaries we were able to explore (and what would happen if we overstepped!) while huge aircraft taxied to the runway nearby. Heaven for an #avgeek!
Come along with TPG UK’s Director of Content Nicky Kelvin for a unique look at the home base of British Airways:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees