Your Face Could Be on a Plane — If You Win This Airline’s Contest
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This has been quite the week for travel-related contests. First, WOW air is looking to pay two best friends to travel the world and tell about it. Then TPG posted an open call for the best internship ever. (Hint: It involves PUPPIES.)
But South African airline kulula airways is taking the concept of contests to new heights with its “Face on a Plane” campaign, open until April 30, which is giving away round-trip tickets for contest winners… as well as the opportunity to have their faces blown up to 40 feet across, and plastered onto one of six Boeing 737s.
“You’re not just a pretty face, are you?” states the cheeky copy on the budget carrier’s contest page. “Do you have a face that reaches for the skies? And when you come face-to-face with fame, are you ready to enter the game? kulula.com is calling on all the poker faces, funny faces, fresh faces, long faces and those who simply just want to be in your face to enter the Travel Hater, Face on a Plane competition.”
Six winners will be selected from among the eligible contest entrants, based on the “funniest, silliest and wackiest faces submitted.” Each winner will receive two round-trip tickets in order to enjoy the experience of seeing their face adorning the sides of one of kulula’s Boeing 737s. The unique livery won’t be out of place among kulula’s fleet, however – the airline prides itself on its “wacky paint schemes” including the ‘cow’ plane, ‘camo’ plane and the ‘flying 101′ plane. kulula codeshares flights with Kenya Airways, Air France and Etihad over 14 routes, operating more than 400 flights a week.
As of the time of this post, kulula’s contest page was down – presumably because the sheer volume of contest entries shut down the site. We’ll just be over here, refreshing the page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees