Your Face Could Be on a Plane — If You Win This Airline’s Contest
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This has been quite the week for travel-related contests. First, WOW air is looking to pay two best friends to travel the world and tell about it. Then TPG posted an open call for the best internship ever. (Hint: It involves PUPPIES.)
But South African airline kulula airways is taking the concept of contests to new heights with its “Face on a Plane” campaign, open until April 30, which is giving away round-trip tickets for contest winners… as well as the opportunity to have their faces blown up to 40 feet across, and plastered onto one of six Boeing 737s.
“You’re not just a pretty face, are you?” states the cheeky copy on the budget carrier’s contest page. “Do you have a face that reaches for the skies? And when you come face-to-face with fame, are you ready to enter the game? kulula.com is calling on all the poker faces, funny faces, fresh faces, long faces and those who simply just want to be in your face to enter the Travel Hater, Face on a Plane competition.”
Six winners will be selected from among the eligible contest entrants, based on the “funniest, silliest and wackiest faces submitted.” Each winner will receive two round-trip tickets in order to enjoy the experience of seeing their face adorning the sides of one of kulula’s Boeing 737s. The unique livery won’t be out of place among kulula’s fleet, however – the airline prides itself on its “wacky paint schemes” including the ‘cow’ plane, ‘camo’ plane and the ‘flying 101′ plane. kulula codeshares flights with Kenya Airways, Air France and Etihad over 14 routes, operating more than 400 flights a week.
As of the time of this post, kulula’s contest page was down – presumably because the sheer volume of contest entries shut down the site. We’ll just be over here, refreshing the page.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.