You’ll Want to Earn Airline Miles for Some Hotel Stays This Fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Normally, earning airline miles during hotel stays doesn’t make sense. But, this fall Best Western is offering a promotion that lets you earn triple the normal rate when you opt to earn Aeroplan miles instead of Best Western Rewards points. During the promotion, you’ll earn 750 Aeroplan miles per stay, which TPG’s latest valuation pegs at $11.25.
This promotion is particularly valuable if you need to stay at any Best Western properties this fall, but don’t particularly care about earning Best Western points. It’s also valuable for one-night stays at cheap properties where you’d normally earn minimal Best Western points. Mathematically, if you agree with TPG’s latest points and miles valuations, you’ll want to earn Aeroplan points during this promotion on any stay costing less than $160 since you’d otherwise earn 10 Best Western Rewards points per dollar spent.
If you want to earn Aeroplan points instead of Best Western points, you’ll need to change your earning preference to Aeroplan before the first stay during which you’d like to earn Aeroplan miles. To change your earning preference, log-in to your account, click on your name in the upper right corner and select Profile & Preferences. Scroll down, select Airline / Partnership Program under Earning Preference, select Aeroplan/Air Canada and enter your details, scroll down and click Save.
If you want to take advantage of the 750 Aeroplan miles per stay promotion, you’ll need to book and stay between October 1 and December 15 and register for the promotion. To register, go to the registration page and enter your Best Western Rewards number or email — or if you don’t have a Best Western Rewards account, create an account on the registration page and you’ll be automatically registered for the promotion.
If you’re going to take advantage of this promotion, be aware of the following caveats:
- Only Best Western members that reside in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands are eligible
- Only Best Western branded hotels in Canada, the United States, or the Caribbean Islands are eligible
- Only one check-in/check-out permitted per eligible stay
- Stays booked through online travel agencies or tour operators and stays booked at “a special discounted rate” are explicitly excluded
For stays booked or stayed outside the promotion window, you’ll earn the normal rate of 250 Aeroplan miles per stay if you have your earning preference set to Aeroplan. TPG’s latest valuation values 250 Aeroplan points at only $3.75, so you’ll probably want to change your earning preference after the promotion ends on December 15.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort in Seaside, Oregon.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees