You’ll Want to Earn Airline Miles for Some Hotel Stays This Fall
Normally, earning airline miles during hotel stays doesn’t make sense. But, this fall Best Western is offering a promotion that lets you earn triple the normal rate when you opt to earn Aeroplan miles instead of Best Western Rewards points. During the promotion, you’ll earn 750 Aeroplan miles per stay, which TPG’s latest valuation pegs at $11.25.
This promotion is particularly valuable if you need to stay at any Best Western properties this fall, but don’t particularly care about earning Best Western points. It’s also valuable for one-night stays at cheap properties where you’d normally earn minimal Best Western points. Mathematically, if you agree with TPG’s latest points and miles valuations, you’ll want to earn Aeroplan points during this promotion on any stay costing less than $160 since you’d otherwise earn 10 Best Western Rewards points per dollar spent.
If you want to earn Aeroplan points instead of Best Western points, you’ll need to change your earning preference to Aeroplan before the first stay during which you’d like to earn Aeroplan miles. To change your earning preference, log-in to your account, click on your name in the upper right corner and select Profile & Preferences. Scroll down, select Airline / Partnership Program under Earning Preference, select Aeroplan/Air Canada and enter your details, scroll down and click Save.
If you want to take advantage of the 750 Aeroplan miles per stay promotion, you’ll need to book and stay between October 1 and December 15 and register for the promotion. To register, go to the registration page and enter your Best Western Rewards number or email — or if you don’t have a Best Western Rewards account, create an account on the registration page and you’ll be automatically registered for the promotion.
If you’re going to take advantage of this promotion, be aware of the following caveats:
- Only Best Western members that reside in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands are eligible
- Only Best Western branded hotels in Canada, the United States, or the Caribbean Islands are eligible
- Only one check-in/check-out permitted per eligible stay
- Stays booked through online travel agencies or tour operators and stays booked at “a special discounted rate” are explicitly excluded
For stays booked or stayed outside the promotion window, you’ll earn the normal rate of 250 Aeroplan miles per stay if you have your earning preference set to Aeroplan. TPG’s latest valuation values 250 Aeroplan points at only $3.75, so you’ll probably want to change your earning preference after the promotion ends on December 15.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort in Seaside, Oregon.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.