You’ll Want to Earn Airline Miles for Some Hotel Stays This Fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Normally, earning airline miles during hotel stays doesn’t make sense. But, this fall Best Western is offering a promotion that lets you earn triple the normal rate when you opt to earn Aeroplan miles instead of Best Western Rewards points. During the promotion, you’ll earn 750 Aeroplan miles per stay, which TPG’s latest valuation pegs at $11.25.
This promotion is particularly valuable if you need to stay at any Best Western properties this fall, but don’t particularly care about earning Best Western points. It’s also valuable for one-night stays at cheap properties where you’d normally earn minimal Best Western points. Mathematically, if you agree with TPG’s latest points and miles valuations, you’ll want to earn Aeroplan points during this promotion on any stay costing less than $160 since you’d otherwise earn 10 Best Western Rewards points per dollar spent.
If you want to earn Aeroplan points instead of Best Western points, you’ll need to change your earning preference to Aeroplan before the first stay during which you’d like to earn Aeroplan miles. To change your earning preference, log-in to your account, click on your name in the upper right corner and select Profile & Preferences. Scroll down, select Airline / Partnership Program under Earning Preference, select Aeroplan/Air Canada and enter your details, scroll down and click Save.
If you want to take advantage of the 750 Aeroplan miles per stay promotion, you’ll need to book and stay between October 1 and December 15 and register for the promotion. To register, go to the registration page and enter your Best Western Rewards number or email — or if you don’t have a Best Western Rewards account, create an account on the registration page and you’ll be automatically registered for the promotion.
If you’re going to take advantage of this promotion, be aware of the following caveats:
- Only Best Western members that reside in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands are eligible
- Only Best Western branded hotels in Canada, the United States, or the Caribbean Islands are eligible
- Only one check-in/check-out permitted per eligible stay
- Stays booked through online travel agencies or tour operators and stays booked at “a special discounted rate” are explicitly excluded
For stays booked or stayed outside the promotion window, you’ll earn the normal rate of 250 Aeroplan miles per stay if you have your earning preference set to Aeroplan. TPG’s latest valuation values 250 Aeroplan points at only $3.75, so you’ll probably want to change your earning preference after the promotion ends on December 15.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort in Seaside, Oregon.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.