This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Hawaii Tourism Authority is giving new meaning to “WFH” with its Work From Hawaii program, a residency program that invites six New Yorkers to work remotely in Hawaii for one week. The program will allow musicians, writers, techies and entrepreneurs to work on their best ideas while vacationing in Hawaii.
The retreat includes a round-trip flight from New York, accommodations with a unique workspace, a daily allowance for meals and a curated itinerary tailored to a particular skill or profession. This seven-day residency is designed to give workers headspace to focus on professional goals while on vacation, according to the Hawaii Tourism Authority.
The accommodations are located across all six islands in Hawaii and are specifically designed for a person with a specific type of career— from videographers to advertising executives to a start-up CEO. But the program is not centered around work only. The program will also include cultural experiences in Hawaii. Take for example the tech lab residency — a retreat for programmers, app developers and other techies — located in Maui. The program is designed to “showcase Maui’s diverse landscape and maximize your tech inspiration.” The winner of this residency will also have the opportunity to explore an after-work itinerary that highlights the island’s stunning mountains, beaches and pastures.
The residency program runs for a week and will be held in September 2018. To apply you must be a US resident, who lives and works in the greater New York metropolitan area, between 24-36 years of age with a public Instagram account. Those interested can apply online: Work-From-Hawaii.com from April 30 to June 4, 2018. The application includes filling out personal information and pitching why you would get the most out of a particular itinerary. You can only apply to one of the residencies.
Featured Image by bjonesmedia/Getty Images.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees