This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Hawaii Tourism Authority is giving new meaning to “WFH” with its Work From Hawaii program, a residency program that invites six New Yorkers to work remotely in Hawaii for one week. The program will allow musicians, writers, techies and entrepreneurs to work on their best ideas while vacationing in Hawaii.
The retreat includes a round-trip flight from New York, accommodations with a unique workspace, a daily allowance for meals and a curated itinerary tailored to a particular skill or profession. This seven-day residency is designed to give workers headspace to focus on professional goals while on vacation, according to the Hawaii Tourism Authority.
The accommodations are located across all six islands in Hawaii and are specifically designed for a person with a specific type of career— from videographers to advertising executives to a start-up CEO. But the program is not centered around work only. The program will also include cultural experiences in Hawaii. Take for example the tech lab residency — a retreat for programmers, app developers and other techies — located in Maui. The program is designed to “showcase Maui’s diverse landscape and maximize your tech inspiration.” The winner of this residency will also have the opportunity to explore an after-work itinerary that highlights the island’s stunning mountains, beaches and pastures.
The residency program runs for a week and will be held in September 2018. To apply you must be a US resident, who lives and works in the greater New York metropolitan area, between 24-36 years of age with a public Instagram account. Those interested can apply online: Work-From-Hawaii.com from April 30 to June 4, 2018. The application includes filling out personal information and pitching why you would get the most out of a particular itinerary. You can only apply to one of the residencies.
Featured Image by bjonesmedia/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards