You Could Win a Free Week-Long Retreat to Work in Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Hawaii Tourism Authority is giving new meaning to “WFH” with its Work From Hawaii program, a residency program that invites six New Yorkers to work remotely in Hawaii for one week. The program will allow musicians, writers, techies and entrepreneurs to work on their best ideas while vacationing in Hawaii.
The retreat includes a round-trip flight from New York, accommodations with a unique workspace, a daily allowance for meals and a curated itinerary tailored to a particular skill or profession. This seven-day residency is designed to give workers headspace to focus on professional goals while on vacation, according to the Hawaii Tourism Authority.
The accommodations are located across all six islands in Hawaii and are specifically designed for a person with a specific type of career— from videographers to advertising executives to a start-up CEO. But the program is not centered around work only. The program will also include cultural experiences in Hawaii. Take for example the tech lab residency — a retreat for programmers, app developers and other techies — located in Maui. The program is designed to “showcase Maui’s diverse landscape and maximize your tech inspiration.” The winner of this residency will also have the opportunity to explore an after-work itinerary that highlights the island’s stunning mountains, beaches and pastures.
The residency program runs for a week and will be held in September 2018. To apply you must be a US resident, who lives and works in the greater New York metropolitan area, between 24-36 years of age with a public Instagram account. Those interested can apply online: Work-From-Hawaii.com from April 30 to June 4, 2018. The application includes filling out personal information and pitching why you would get the most out of a particular itinerary. You can only apply to one of the residencies.
Featured Image by bjonesmedia/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.