You Could Win a Free Week-Long Retreat to Work in Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Hawaii Tourism Authority is giving new meaning to “WFH” with its Work From Hawaii program, a residency program that invites six New Yorkers to work remotely in Hawaii for one week. The program will allow musicians, writers, techies and entrepreneurs to work on their best ideas while vacationing in Hawaii.
The retreat includes a round-trip flight from New York, accommodations with a unique workspace, a daily allowance for meals and a curated itinerary tailored to a particular skill or profession. This seven-day residency is designed to give workers headspace to focus on professional goals while on vacation, according to the Hawaii Tourism Authority.
The accommodations are located across all six islands in Hawaii and are specifically designed for a person with a specific type of career— from videographers to advertising executives to a start-up CEO. But the program is not centered around work only. The program will also include cultural experiences in Hawaii. Take for example the tech lab residency — a retreat for programmers, app developers and other techies — located in Maui. The program is designed to “showcase Maui’s diverse landscape and maximize your tech inspiration.” The winner of this residency will also have the opportunity to explore an after-work itinerary that highlights the island’s stunning mountains, beaches and pastures.
The residency program runs for a week and will be held in September 2018. To apply you must be a US resident, who lives and works in the greater New York metropolitan area, between 24-36 years of age with a public Instagram account. Those interested can apply online: Work-From-Hawaii.com from April 30 to June 4, 2018. The application includes filling out personal information and pitching why you would get the most out of a particular itinerary. You can only apply to one of the residencies.
Featured Image by bjonesmedia/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees