This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Grab your hiking boots and leave your cash behind! On April 21, admission to all national parks will be free. Saturday is just one of four days this year that the National Park Service will allow the public to enter all National Parks with no fee. The upcoming cost-free day marks the beginning of National Park Week, which will runs from April 21 to April 29.
Of the total 417 US National Parks, 118 parks charge an entrance fee. Admission fees normally vary from park to park, with some of the most popular like the Grand Canyon and Yosemite charging as much as $30 per car. The full list of parks with waived fees can be found on the National Parks Service website. It’s important to note that the free day solely applies to admission to the park. Visitors will still have to pay the fees for activities such as camping, boat-launching, transportation and special tours.
So, consider staying at one of these points hotels and take advantage of the gratis entry before the national parks’ fees increase this summer. Starting June 1, entrance fees at national parks across the country will climb by $5. Last year, the park service proposed to double the peak-season fee at 17 of the most highly visited parks, with some prices shooting up to $70 per vehicle from the current $30. The proposal was reconsidered, and instead, the fee will increase by only $5.
The remaining free entrance days in 2018 are National Public Land Day on September 22 and Veterans’ Day on November 11.
Featured image by Joshua Tree National Park.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees