You Can Visit Any US National Park for Free on Saturday
Grab your hiking boots and leave your cash behind! On April 21, admission to all national parks will be free. Saturday is just one of four days this year that the National Park Service will allow the public to enter all National Parks with no fee. The upcoming cost-free day marks the beginning of National Park Week, which will runs from April 21 to April 29.
Of the total 417 US National Parks, 118 parks charge an entrance fee. Admission fees normally vary from park to park, with some of the most popular like the Grand Canyon and Yosemite charging as much as $30 per car. The full list of parks with waived fees can be found on the National Parks Service website. It’s important to note that the free day solely applies to admission to the park. Visitors will still have to pay the fees for activities such as camping, boat-launching, transportation and special tours.
So, consider staying at one of these points hotels and take advantage of the gratis entry before the national parks’ fees increase this summer. Starting June 1, entrance fees at national parks across the country will climb by $5. Last year, the park service proposed to double the peak-season fee at 17 of the most highly visited parks, with some prices shooting up to $70 per vehicle from the current $30. The proposal was reconsidered, and instead, the fee will increase by only $5.
The remaining free entrance days in 2018 are National Public Land Day on September 22 and Veterans’ Day on November 11.
Featured image by Joshua Tree National Park.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees