This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Grab your hiking boots and leave your cash behind! On April 21, admission to all national parks will be free. Saturday is just one of four days this year that the National Park Service will allow the public to enter all National Parks with no fee. The upcoming cost-free day marks the beginning of National Park Week, which will runs from April 21 to April 29.
Of the total 417 US National Parks, 118 parks charge an entrance fee. Admission fees normally vary from park to park, with some of the most popular like the Grand Canyon and Yosemite charging as much as $30 per car. The full list of parks with waived fees can be found on the National Parks Service website. It’s important to note that the free day solely applies to admission to the park. Visitors will still have to pay the fees for activities such as camping, boat-launching, transportation and special tours.
So, consider staying at one of these points hotels and take advantage of the gratis entry before the national parks’ fees increase this summer. Starting June 1, entrance fees at national parks across the country will climb by $5. Last year, the park service proposed to double the peak-season fee at 17 of the most highly visited parks, with some prices shooting up to $70 per vehicle from the current $30. The proposal was reconsidered, and instead, the fee will increase by only $5.
The remaining free entrance days in 2018 are National Public Land Day on September 22 and Veterans’ Day on November 11.
Featured image by Joshua Tree National Park.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that