You Can Vacation Like Harry and Meghan in Fiji for Only $150 a Night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the Fiji stop of their post-marriage publicity tour, veteran economy-class flyers Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made another thrifty travel choice for their hotel stay. The royal couple stayed at the Grand Pacific Hotel — which has room listings for as low as $150 a night.
Maybe vacationing like royalty isn’t so far out of reach after all.
Well, it turns out this hotel is more than meets the eye. The Grand Pacific has had quite the history (and clientele) since it’s opening in 1914. Prince Edward first kicked off the tradition of royal stays in 1920. Ten other members of the Windsor family have since followed suit, including Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Princess Diana and more. The hotel has also been a favorite of Queen Elizabeth herself since her stay in 1953. They even named a suite after her, which she has since revisited five times.
The “Queen Elizabeth Suite” is likely where the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Sussex chose to stay. The room is currently listed for about $560 on Expedia and is decked out in Queen Elizabeth memorabilia. Overlooking Albert Park, it also has a single king-sized bed, a mini-fridge and a standing shower. It also boasts the perfect balcony from which smile and wave at your adoring public.
As for the rest of the hotel, the Grand Pacific has a pool with an adjacent pool bar, two restaurants (one named after Prince Albert), two bars and an on-site bakery. It also has a gym, spa and a variety of different rooms to stay in. All-in-all, it’s just your standard hotel; it’s just been graced by royalty.
Featured image by Karwai Tang/WireImage via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees